No Flashes For A While At Fotonut World Head Quarters
I have once again had to rethink things, so the New Flash is out for a while, but not forever. As most of you know my children and I live with my parents. Thankfully the house is HUGE, and everyone has their very own space. My bedroom is actually much larger than the Master but does not have it's own Onsuite. (I have no earthly idea how to spell that, or even if it is more than one word or not.)
Anyway, since I actually live in my bedroom, the room serves as my Master Suite with a King Size Bed (Hey, I'm a big boy.), my Office, my Home Theater complete with a large DVD Collection, my Library - Reading Room, and Hobby Storage (aka a place for all my photography gear.) AND as if that weren't enough, it is also an Art Gallery wich consists of my Sketches, my Photography, my Momentos and Knick Knacks, and my extra large Model Car Collection.
My current problem is I have two large pieces of furniture in here that are just taking up space and not meeting my storage needs. Not to mention I have a very crammed under utilized closet with two sliding doors which make it next to impossible to get anything in or out of it.
I have come up with a plan that I think should solve many of my storage problems. As is plain to see, those plans involve money. If you will remember this is the Bed I got late last year.

I believe the JC Penny's is planning to discontinue this line because all of the pieces are still on sale. (still expensive, but lets say they are discounted enough that I can afford them now.) Phase one is to take out my huge Armoire / Dresser, and replace it with the dresser that comes with the set that matches my bed.

Then I will also remove the entertainment center that is too small to hold my TV anyway, and aside from housing my stereo equipment it is just storing a bunch of stuff that has no business being in this room in the first place and half of it is trash anyway.
This phase will also be to get glass shelving purchased for the full length lighted and mirrored Curio I bought from my Brother's Mother-In-Law for $50! Have you priced these things lately? When the shelves are in place I will be able to propperly display my car collection (all 30 of them) and greatly declutter my room.
Then once I have been able to replentish the kingdom's treasury phase two (Which just came to me as I was typing this, and is Brilliant! I might add.) is to remove the closet doors and replace them with draping. Then go to Containers and more, or Lowes or someplace that will be able to design one of those closet organizing systems for me that will allow me to efficiantly store my clothing, in addition to providing DVD storage for my huge collection (with a little room to grow), an office filing system, and photography gear and art supply storage above.
Moving out my old entertainment center, will alow me to move my Curio across the room to the same wall as the new dresser (Which by the way, will hold my TV and Stereo equpiment on top of it. I even have a way to disquise the stereo equipment so you won't be able to see it, and and I won't loose the space for displaying knick knacky dust collecting shit.) Then I will get my reading room back.
Anyway, since I actually live in my bedroom, the room serves as my Master Suite with a King Size Bed (Hey, I'm a big boy.), my Office, my Home Theater complete with a large DVD Collection, my Library - Reading Room, and Hobby Storage (aka a place for all my photography gear.) AND as if that weren't enough, it is also an Art Gallery wich consists of my Sketches, my Photography, my Momentos and Knick Knacks, and my extra large Model Car Collection.
My current problem is I have two large pieces of furniture in here that are just taking up space and not meeting my storage needs. Not to mention I have a very crammed under utilized closet with two sliding doors which make it next to impossible to get anything in or out of it.
I have come up with a plan that I think should solve many of my storage problems. As is plain to see, those plans involve money. If you will remember this is the Bed I got late last year.

I believe the JC Penny's is planning to discontinue this line because all of the pieces are still on sale. (still expensive, but lets say they are discounted enough that I can afford them now.) Phase one is to take out my huge Armoire / Dresser, and replace it with the dresser that comes with the set that matches my bed.

Then I will also remove the entertainment center that is too small to hold my TV anyway, and aside from housing my stereo equipment it is just storing a bunch of stuff that has no business being in this room in the first place and half of it is trash anyway.
This phase will also be to get glass shelving purchased for the full length lighted and mirrored Curio I bought from my Brother's Mother-In-Law for $50! Have you priced these things lately? When the shelves are in place I will be able to propperly display my car collection (all 30 of them) and greatly declutter my room.
Then once I have been able to replentish the kingdom's treasury phase two (Which just came to me as I was typing this, and is Brilliant! I might add.) is to remove the closet doors and replace them with draping. Then go to Containers and more, or Lowes or someplace that will be able to design one of those closet organizing systems for me that will allow me to efficiantly store my clothing, in addition to providing DVD storage for my huge collection (with a little room to grow), an office filing system, and photography gear and art supply storage above.
Moving out my old entertainment center, will alow me to move my Curio across the room to the same wall as the new dresser (Which by the way, will hold my TV and Stereo equpiment on top of it. I even have a way to disquise the stereo equipment so you won't be able to see it, and and I won't loose the space for displaying knick knacky dust collecting shit.) Then I will get my reading room back.









3 Comments:
Have you been watching HGTV?! This sounds like a room makeover to me!
Before & after pics, please!
:)
M~
Well, I'd say you are definitely on the road to recovery! I'm with M, photos please...before and after. Heck, if you get adventurous, you could join in You Tuebsday ( a thing I started a while back in which we all share a short homemade vid of a piece of our lives on Tuesdays)
Stacie
M honey, I have been feeding my inner gay male with HGTV for more than 10 years now. It is all part of that creativity bent I have. In the last year or two they have had lots of Get Organized shows, and another one I really love called "Wasted Spaces." What makes all of this worse is that I have a sever case of keepitis.
Stacie I know what your tube, and your tube tuesday is. Frankly, I don't have the time the energy or the inclination to start that shit. My life is just too full, of more important things to do that mess with that. I certainly don't begrudge anyone that wants to do it themselves, I just think it is silliness don't have time for it. I would rather sit down at the end of the day and dash off something quick. I don't even watch many of them on other peoples blogs. Furthermore, I sold my digital point and shoot that took videos to my parents, and I don't plan to buy a mini web cam just to take a video of my bedroom.
Post a Comment
<< Home