Somebody Flash Me Quick - Please
But before you do get your mind out of the gutter! I want a Canon 580EX Speedlite E-TTL Shoe Mount Flash for my gear bag. Problem is they are very spendy. (They are $400.00.) Right now, about the only way I could get one is if I sold my 200-500mm lens which I don't used very often, and know as soon as I sold it I would have wished I hadn't. I love that lens, and if I had been able to go to the zoo this summer I would have been able to put it through the paces.
On the other hand, I really Really REALLY want an off camera flash. What really sux is that buying a Big Old Pro Grade Canon 20D is that once you have it all of the attachments are just as spendy, and some are even more than the camera itself.
Wait.... Did you hear that? No, shhhh, did you hear that? I think that is the noise of my brain calculating, scheaming, rebudgeting, robbing peter to pay paul, all in an effort to figure me a way to get that Flash. ding Did you hear that? I think I just figured out a way.
On the other hand, I really Really REALLY want an off camera flash. What really sux is that buying a Big Old Pro Grade Canon 20D is that once you have it all of the attachments are just as spendy, and some are even more than the camera itself.
Wait.... Did you hear that? No, shhhh, did you hear that? I think that is the noise of my brain calculating, scheaming, rebudgeting, robbing peter to pay paul, all in an effort to figure me a way to get that Flash. ding Did you hear that? I think I just figured out a way.









4 Comments:
What's your idea???
M~
Close my eyes and write the check. LOL
No, actually, There are some other things I can wait with, and a few things I don't have to deal with for the rest of the summer, that will free up some cash. Between those things I might be able to swing it. But I will have to think on it more.
Of course, once you get the flash, then you need some sort of defuser or bounce card. Some people say you need to get the flash off the hot shoe, so that would mean a bracket (almost $100) and a cable to hook the flash to the camera. (about $40) It just never stops.
Plus if you think once I get a flash my wish list is now complete, you'd be wrong. It would just make way for other things to want. It's a disease I tell yeah. If Leesa hadn't have been so damn contagious.... LOL
Actually, I have had the photography virous since I was a kid. It just took this long for the tech to catch up to my level of inadiquicy. (Sorry for the misspelling.)
Oh man! I just want the camera for now! LOL I was eyeing a Canon 5D or was it 30D? or both really...the 30D was $1800 and the 5D was $3800 and the look on my DH's face when I said I wanted it and the $800 lens was priceless. I don't think I have a prayer even if I promise Santa Claus everything on his wishlist. sigh....if I want to be able to afford the camera I really want with all the accessories, I'm going to have to start turning tricks.
I'll live precariously through you and make due with my Canon Powershot S2IS It's a great little camera, I love it, but you know how it is...I have camera envy.
I was patient and saved for mine $50 to $100 a paycheck. If it were me I would get the 30D body only and then a get the $1,100 24-105mm L glass I just got the kit lens is shit.
Post a Comment
<< Home