Progress Report
I promised a progress report some time ago and never gave one. I have a long, long, LONG, way to go yet. However, I have never EVER had any sort of muscle mass before so to have as much as I have now, although not earth shattering, is a HUGE deal for me. BTW, I have not taken photos of an ape. It is I Fotonut, just so you all know I HATE BEING HAIRY! It is dirty and stinky, and well I just don't like it. I don't have money for Lazer treatments, and the other options are not long lasting enough to make it worth my time or money. Just so you know I have my back to education once and had it waxed for free in order to train those learning the art of hair yanking. As far as pain goes, not that big of a deal. It only hurts for a second, but what I hated was after 3 days I was all itchy cause it was all coming back in. YUCK. After all that and to have it last less than two weeks. No thank you.











5 Comments:
Congrats on the progress! I do know how hard it is to get into shape. Mine is a weight issue and damn hell it's an uphill battle so I really admire people who can stick with it for so long and make the life changes necessary to become more healthy. Congrats!
Stacie
This comment has been removed by the author.
I never said I didn't have a weight problem. That is what started all of this. My weight, and being Diabetic. The thing is that it is far easier to loose lbs, when muscle is gained. 1 lb of muscle burns an average of 100 cals per hour at rest. (while you sleep) One lb of fat burns 2 cals an hour at rest. Woman think they have to get all hulked up to do this but they don't. The only way a woman will get nasty looking is if she roids. The other thing is 1 lb of muscle takes up far less space than one lb of fat. So which would you rather have. Furthermore, having more muscle makes it a hell of alot easier to keep the weight off too.
Up until I started getting sick, I have gained about 15 lbs of muscle. Do the math that is about 1500 cals and hour at rest. I haven't been to the gym in nearly a month because of this, and I haven't been walking at all for almost two months, but you know what. I haven't gained a single pound. Why cause my engine is running hotter and burning more, and I am still watching what goes in the tank. It sux that I am not currently loosing more weight or gaining more muscle, but is sure is nice not to be gaining weight, and loosing muscle!
Wooo-hoooo! Hey, you've come a long way, right? Damn right!
And I tried to wax my legs once and said "YEEEEOUCH! The heck with that...I'll just keep shaving!" (although I too would LOVE to get some laser treatments, I can't afford it either).
you've inspired me to get back in the game. I got on the treadmill yesterday for the first time in over 2 months. The move made it next to impossible, and we weren't hiking nearly as much as I should be or enough to really make a big difference. I have added weights to my routine, but admittedly, not as much or as consistantly as I should. I guess the only thing I am doing right at the moment is not eating emotionally and not eatting junk. That's not to say I'm eating properly mind you, but not eating emotionally is a huge step for me.
I just got one of those weight balls, have you ever used those? It's a #6 ball. (medicine ball?) I use it mostly when Im just sitting around, on the couch or chair or at the desk, and lift with my legs. Any other suggestions? We do have a weight bench here at the house, but I don't have access to it yet. Still buried in boxes.
Congrats again on the hard work. Were you on meds for diabetes? ARe you able to control it with the weight loss now? I ask because I know that I'm next in line for diabetes...I've been tested every year since I was 10 and so far *knock on wood* I don't have it, but it really is a matter of time if I don't make more changes, and stick with them.
Stacie
Post a Comment
<< Home