Friday, November 17, 2006

Will It Never End?!

Last night after I proudly watched Big Sister sing her heart out, I went to pick up Little Man from Cub Scouts. If you all remember, I finally got the Scout Master to leave me alone, about being Little Man's Den Leader. If you will also remember he told me that he himself was already over booked, ect. Yeah yeah we got it, but I still am not going to do it.

Finally the people all said AMEN, when Scout Master emailed me with, " I will never ask you to do anything again." To which I replied, "Thank You." But I wanted to reply, "Good, it's about Effin Time!" So I now figured we were going to have to do without a leader again.

I then get a Blanket email telling me that Little Man's Den has a new leader. Great, as long as it ain't me, right? So now back to the first paragraph. I go to pick him up, and who is leading the group, but scout master, who it already the scout master and the den leader for his son's den. Apparently, He is no longer speaking to me. As you can all tell, I am just distrought and heartbroken over the whole thing. I don't know how, in the name of God, I will ever be able to live without him badgering me to be the leader. And alas, he will no longer be my friend or speak to me, without grunting, and giving me the evil pissy eye.

I am only going to say this once. Scout Master is a big boy. I can not make anyone do anything they do not want to do. It is not my fault he felt obligated to lead the group because I would not. Nor is it my fault that he now has over extended himself. The real reason, deep down inside fueling his anger, is that fact that he was unable to manipulate me to his will, and he is mad at me for standing true to myself and my family in not backing away from the boundry I have set. Frankly, I would be happier taking my son to the den at our church, but his friends are here.

Life is about managing ones priorities, and I will neither appologize for, or be manipulated into changing the priorities I feel are important for me and my children. So to quote myself, "Scoutmaster, if you don't like it, you can just go take a shit in the lake! I could care less weather you find favor with me or not." Furethermore, that fact that you were nice to me only until you could no longer manipulate me, speaks volumes about your lack of charicture. I am already 4 times the man you will never be, so if you find that you do not agree with me in this matter, I am glad, because I do not ever wish to share the same views with you only any level.

My Mom has a saying that applies well here. Guys like that have lots of Class, and it's all 4th.


Ps. I am off, once again to take my children down to the farm for a visit with their Grandparents, this time it is for their 50th Wedding Anniversary party. As I have said countless times before. I am only doing this because I love my children, not because I enjoy it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Oh, this is the weekend of the 50th party? Geez, I hope you do well with THOSE.PEOPLE.

I really thought the Scout issue was a done deal. It sounds like ButtCrack won't leave things alone. Sheesh.

M~

18/11/06 1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home