Thursday, November 16, 2006

"I Guess That Singin' In The Shower Paid Off, Huh?

....And you guys just thought it was annoying." (Actuall qoute from Big Sister.)


Well, let me clairify. While I do find Big Sister's singing in the shower annoying, I also think she is very musically gifted, and with work will be as good as her dad, the Fotonut. (Wink) Actually, I have been singing for over 20 years, and have done several solos, ect. So it is no suprise that both of my children are musically talented. Little Man, already plays piano, and violin. Not to mention the fact that he can play whatever he picks up.

As verbous (sp?) as I am, I once again have gotten WAY THE HECK off track. Tonight was the Talent Show at Big Sister's School. She sang "What Dreams Are Made Of" by Hillary Duff, and she brought down the house! I was pleasantly surprised that Big Sister was very well recieved by her peers, and was told by many people, both children and adults, what a fine job she had done. (She gets picked on often, because of her issues, and I was scared that a gym full of middle school students would be less than nice to her. However, I was shockingly wrong.)

My unbiased opinion, as a performer of many years myself, is that the 3rd runner up had no business, winning over Big Sister.

Not only did Big Sister out sing the duet, she possesed far more stage presents than they did. Which wasn't hard since theirs was in the negative number range. I realize I am being a bit harsh because after all, that are middleschoolers, but the stunk. (It just occured to me that that may have been a teacher thing. Two girls needing an extra boost in the confidence department, which is all good with me. Big Sister handled not winning like a champ, and has more talent now, than the other girls will likely ever have. This will be just a blip on a lifetime of performances.

As I told her several times tonight. I am sooooooo very proud of her, and she did a spactactular job. What I didn't tell her is that if she keeps this kind of stuff up, (like Honor Roll, et. al.) I am going to be broke really soon, and it is almost Christmas. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Wow, that is so cool! I can imagine you are one proud Papa.

I can't carry a tune in a bucket. LOL Therefore, I don't sing anywhere!

M~

17/11/06 4:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home