Thursday, November 09, 2006

New Beginings

Well, Yesterday was a new day, and a new begining. I hit my first stumbling block 2 weeks ago, and it is time to get back on track. Everything was going well with my workouts until I got onto the scale for the first time 3 weeks into the program. ONLY 2.4 LBS! My heart sunk all the way to the floor. I had been knocking my dick in the dirt for 3 weeks, with the expectation of loosing 2 to 3 lbs a week and all I lost was two and a half friggin' pounds after getting up at 4 am, eating and working out before I started the rest of my day.

Well folks, that right there ate my lunch! I let it get to me so bad that I just gave up. Last week I didn't go to the gym once. It bothered me greatly, even to the point of tears, but I just couldn't make myself go. Yesterday, I confided in Alan that I had fallen. Well as I suspected, he was able to tell weather or not I had come by checking the computer. He also spoke to his boss about how to remotivate me. He know that I had been very disapointed in my lack of progress. He talked to me about how hard totally changing your lifestyle is. In the end he said he would call me every morning to make sure I was up and heading in. Today, that wonderful soul didn't have to get up because he didn't have any clients yet he still got up and called me. 3 cheers for Alan! Thank you so much for being my champion.

All that to say that I rode the recumbant cycle today for 4o minutes, and went 10.22 miles. woooo hooooooo I rock! Or at least I hope I'm a looser.

God Bless the new day an the opportunity to start over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

You'll hit plateaus. It's how you handle them that counts. One day at a time, I.S. It took years to put the weight on; it will take time to take it off.

Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so it might look like you are gaining weight where you are technically losing inches.

Good luck with your new beginning!

:)
M~

9/11/06 4:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home