Snack Time, In the Men's Room
Many years ago, I got in the habit of telling my boss when I would be leaving the area sortly after I started in Corporate America. Not because I was expected to, for me it is a respect thing. 17 year later, I am the boss, and now I do it so my employees will know where I am at, if they or someone else is looking for me. (Guess what, it is still a respect thing.)
Every now and again, in the wonderful, wonderful world of customer service there are times when you just need to get away from everything for a bit, even if it is only 5 minutes. That is just long enough to break the tenstion, and helps you to cope better when you return. Today, was just such a day. It was so stressful, that about 2:30 I realized that I needed to head the the men's room, like NOW. Like most days, I am so busy, I hold it till I get the chance. Today, there didn't seem to be any chances. At that moment, however, I didn't have a choice, so off I headed.
The only person I saw as I started to trot in the appropriate direction was my boss. I said to him, "Hey boss, I am going to the men's room, and then get a snack." I was feeling a little wonky from my diabities meds, and needed to eat. Because I was all but running, in the opposite direction, I am sure I was hard to hear. My boss replied quizically, "You're going to the Men's room to have a snack?!" "No dude, that's just gross. I said, Men's room AND THEN get a snack. Your just wrong.", trailed off as I rounded the corner in a last ditch effort to make it to the Men's room before break point. While I do not speak from experience, I can only surmize that there is likely nothing, I repeat, nothing in the Men's room I wish to ever have in my mouth for any reason!
For any inquiring minds out there..... I did make it just in time, whew!
Every now and again, in the wonderful, wonderful world of customer service there are times when you just need to get away from everything for a bit, even if it is only 5 minutes. That is just long enough to break the tenstion, and helps you to cope better when you return. Today, was just such a day. It was so stressful, that about 2:30 I realized that I needed to head the the men's room, like NOW. Like most days, I am so busy, I hold it till I get the chance. Today, there didn't seem to be any chances. At that moment, however, I didn't have a choice, so off I headed.
The only person I saw as I started to trot in the appropriate direction was my boss. I said to him, "Hey boss, I am going to the men's room, and then get a snack." I was feeling a little wonky from my diabities meds, and needed to eat. Because I was all but running, in the opposite direction, I am sure I was hard to hear. My boss replied quizically, "You're going to the Men's room to have a snack?!" "No dude, that's just gross. I said, Men's room AND THEN get a snack. Your just wrong.", trailed off as I rounded the corner in a last ditch effort to make it to the Men's room before break point. While I do not speak from experience, I can only surmize that there is likely nothing, I repeat, nothing in the Men's room I wish to ever have in my mouth for any reason!
For any inquiring minds out there..... I did make it just in time, whew!









1 Comments:
Ya know, I'm so glad you shared BOTH of these stories today & the fart one. My day is now complete. LOL
Maybe some things you just don't need to share with your coworkers. Snacks in men's room is one.
:P
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home