Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Too Sick To Snap On The 4th

Unfortunately, I am far too sick to go to the fireworks tonight. At least it stopped raining so my Fotonut Parents, can take my Fotonut kids, aka Big Sister and Little Man, to the show. That means I won't be getting any fireworks photos. At least I got some AWESOME Memorial Day Fireworks shots this year, so it is not like I didn't get any.

There might be a possability, all be it slim, that I could get some shots at Royals Stadium, after a game. Thing is it is so expensive to park, gain entry, and feed yourself once you are there that it is hardly worth it. Especially, when you hate baseball as much as I do! We have a minor leauge team, the T-Bones, (get it Kansas City is a Cattle Town) and they have fireworks too. It is lots cheaper and it might work. Plus I intend to take myself down to the Plaza Lighting festivities, on Thanksgiving this year to get those Fireworks shots also.

The coolest thing is that I have been welcomely hounded about How did you get those shots? from Bloggers and Flickrites alike. It made me feel really good to be able to help each person, just as I was helped a year ago by someone else. I will be anxious to see the shots they get. It really is extreamly easy with the correct gear, and you don't have to have a big spendy camera like mine either. I have seen shots as good as mine, come out of teeny tiny point and shoots, and crap come out of expensive gear. It is more about technic than anything.

I guess all of this typing is my way to relive the experience I know I am missing this year. Fireworks have been a part of my family's fun ever sense I was a small child. We all tease my Fotonut Mom by telling her that every time someone was out in the middle of the street shooting off firecrackers she drug us out there to smell up the smoke. Thank you Fotonut Mom, you have created many years of memories, and a deep appreciation for fireworks in my heart of hearts. One now that you and I can pass on to my Fotonut kids. Even at nearly 13, and nearly 10, we have already reprogrammed their DNA for two summer staples at Fotonut World Head Quarters, Ice Cream and Fireworks. I can't think of two better family traditions to pass along to my kids. Even though my tummy didn't want ice cream today. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Oh, dang, I'm so sorry you were sick!

I wanted to thank you for all your advice on how to take a good photo. I haven't had a minute to upload them ~ I'm hoping I managed to get a decent shot out of all the ones I took. I'll hopefully download this evening.

Thanks again... I do appreciate it! And I plan on getting that shutter release thingie. I just didn't have any time to go yesterday.

M~

5/7/07 4:35 pm  
Blogger Nature Girl wrote...

OH NO! I hope you are getting better now??? I hope this wasn't a step backward in health? Get better soon!

Oh I so wish I had thought to come ask you for advice. You have some FABulous fireworks shots. I got some decent ones, but they could have been so much better. We were sitting in front of a streetlamp, and while I was smart enought to zoom past it so it wasn't in the shot, I wasn't smart enough to realize that the light from said lamp would interfere with my photos. Oh Brother..how's that for not using my brain!
Next year, I hope to have much better positioning..in this FAB city, I could have gotten some incredible shots with the capital building and such in the background had we planned better.
Stacie

5/7/07 4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home