Pre Dawn Fieldtrips To The ER
I woke up this morning with no covers and was chilled. No biggie right? Got dressed went to the gym. Worked out for 30 minutes, still chilly. Now that's a biggie. The short version is I have pneumonia. AGAIN! This is now the 6th time in the last 10 years. At least I don't have to be in the hospital this time.
Likely back to work tomorrow with extra meds. The coolest part of the whole deal was giving blood samples and having an IV. Even many years before I ever thought about joining a gym I have had problems giving blood because I have such dense muscles. I was once told by a funny blood taking person that even my fat has muscles, and that if it was just fat they wouldn't have any problems at all. That said, the additional 15 lbs of muscle I have hadded recently didn't help i am sure. I have holes in me all over my body. Only thing worse is when they have to RRRRRIP all of the tape off my hairy arms.
Hope everyone had a better morning than I had.
Fotonut
Likely back to work tomorrow with extra meds. The coolest part of the whole deal was giving blood samples and having an IV. Even many years before I ever thought about joining a gym I have had problems giving blood because I have such dense muscles. I was once told by a funny blood taking person that even my fat has muscles, and that if it was just fat they wouldn't have any problems at all. That said, the additional 15 lbs of muscle I have hadded recently didn't help i am sure. I have holes in me all over my body. Only thing worse is when they have to RRRRRIP all of the tape off my hairy arms.
Hope everyone had a better morning than I had.
Fotonut









3 Comments:
Yikes! I can so relate to that. I'm a hard stick too...it's not fun!
Hope you get better soon.
Stacie
Oh wow, bummer on the pneumonia. I've never had it & don't want it!
M~
If you ever get health insurance again, they actually have a preventative vaccination for pneumonia these days. (My doc told me about it, or I wouldn't have known.) Worth the effort for you, brother.
The only dense muscles I have are in my head - but the fat layers make it hard for them to find veins these days. If it ain't one thing, it's another. The good news is, you didn't have to be on a heart monitor, so you don't have 15 circular bare spots on your chest, groin and legs (where they either shaved or ripped the hair off)! Trust me - those are real attractive...
So, did they leave the IV in? Or did they just cram you full of drugs, and send you out de' door? Back in '97, when I had the leg infection, they had me on IV antibiotics for A MONTH, and I had a special IV that ran up into my shoulder to put the drugs into a bigger vein (less chance of screwing it up). Ick.
I definitely had a better morning than you had - no question about it!
Post a Comment
<< Home