Saturday, June 16, 2007

I SOOOOOOOO Forgot To Tell You!


I forgot to tell you that not only did I sell my first picture but that one of my images was discovered at Flickr by a Newsletter Editor/Webdesigner for the Kansas City Regional office of the Southern Baptist Church. They asked if they could use my image for free. I said yes after I layed down some ground rules. I didn't want a repeat of the Chior CD Drama to play over again. They agreed. One of the stipulations was that I see a pre-press mock up before giving final permission. As you can see above, she did a lovely job of it.

The newsletter will be printed and distributed to about 5,500 Baptists in an 8 county area, and will be achrived online for their digital readership. They will be sending me unfolded copies that I can use in my portfolio. I have also told her to feel free to browse my images for future issues, and that I would like to form a relationship with her. This will build my portfolio, and whose to know that I didn't get paid for my work?

When I am given the actual link for the finished newsletter, I will of course post it here.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Very fabulous! Congratulations & Happy Father's Day today!

M~

17/6/07 5:17 am  
Blogger Redhead Editor wrote...

This is like when I "sold" (for no money) my first writing piece... to a magazine for funeral directors. Warmed the cockles of my heart. Congrats!

Hope you had a great Father's Day!

18/6/07 6:07 am  
Blogger Steve wrote...

Woo-HOOOO! Woot! Woot!

I'm not sure why they chose that image for that scripture, but it's fantastic - and great visibility for your work!

You DA MAN, man!

18/6/07 12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home