Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Broken Brain Has Been Unbound!

!PRODUCT WARNING!

Beware of Herbal Dietary Supplements when taking medication. I did not know that Dietary Supplements (which include herbal fatburners) are not considered drugs, therefore, are not regulated by the FDA. This means, they do not have to disclose ingrediance on their packaging. Oh, they do to make it look good but the neglect to include contriversial ingrediance, and are less than clear about their contents in their coprorate documentation.

What I found out is that most contain either St Johns Wart or Ephedra (Yes it is still being used!) Guess what, St Johns Wart is an herbal anti-depressant, and is likely what was in my fatburner supplement. That on top of the anti-depressant I was taking just really jacked me up. By the way, Zoloft's web site says DO NOT TAKE ST JOHNS WART!

I discovered this on Sunday, Called the Good Docotor M. on Monday first thing, and as I suppected he said, "Well stop takin that then!" No shit Dick Tracy! After only one day of not taking any supplements and back on the full does of my head is clearer than it has been in months, and I feel like a real person again.

To make me pister (My brother made that word up.) My copy of Men's Health came yesterday and there was a blurb about supplements, and the active ingrediant in my supplements showed only a one fourth pound differance in weight lose over an entire month. I loose more than that taking a hurky shit, so why oh why was I taking that stuff? To make the owners of my gym rich that's why.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

When I went to the doctor for a physical, she asked me what medicines I take ~ herbal, vitamin, or otherwise. She told me they have ways of affecting certain meds, so she wanted to make sure nothing was contradicting anything I was on (allergy stuff back in January). It's amazing how much vitamins & herbal supplements can affect things.

M~

26/6/07 5:19 pm  
Blogger Im A Foto Nut wrote...

See that's the problem though. I showed it to 2 Drs and they both said yes, because all of the ingrediance were not listed on the lable!

Had they been Dr. M would have said, not only no, HELL NO.

26/6/07 7:26 pm  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Well, given the length of what you expected, here's the joy - it didn't take as long as you were afraid of to get stable, brother.

And yeah, there's a whole lotta gyms getting rich on that crap. One of my sponsees is doing whey protein, and wondering why it makes him crazy and excitable. Well, I'll have to tell him, now. Thanks for the heads up, and I'm celebrating your return to a higher fraction of sanity!

28/6/07 4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home