Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thank you!

Thank you for your comments, and well wishes. I will do my best to get better soon. I made an observation, men in general, and even tough guys like me turn in to whinie babies when you take us to the hospital. I can handle alot, even all of the dry sticks, but what I hate the most is when Nurse Good Body, (and my did she have a good body! If that wasn't enough to make me swoon, her soft southern accent pushed me over the edge. I hate hospital gowns they hide NOTHING!) Rips the tape off.

It just occured to me that in my hazzy state, I may have already blogged this when I got home. If I did, just don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain, ok? It is looking more like I will be staying home tomorrow, with each trek to the bathroom. The Good Dr. wanted me to stay home for the rest of the week but I have to go in on Friday, unless of course I am attending a funneral, my own. The way I feel right now, it may be in my future.

BTW, tonight at dinner I dropped my fork on my stocking foot. No big deal, I'm a tough guy right? It stung alittle but I didn't really pay attention to it till I got up to take my plate to the diswasher. Yikes, I had a blood stain on my athletic sock bigger than a silver dollar! I took my sock off and the hole was so tiny I could hardly see it. Where the heck did all that blood come from, and why did Nurse Good Body have so much trouble finding any this morning.

The not as tough as he thought Fotonut.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl wrote...

you may have just stumbled upon the solution for the next round of blood tests...simply have them take it from your foot. If it only stings a little and bleeds that much, it HAS to be better than the alternative of having your arm stabbed multiple times.

Hope your feeling better soon.
Stacie

28/6/07 4:46 am  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Obviously the people who designed hospital gowns intended to humiliate all who wear them. If I know I'm headed to the hospital, I usually take gym shorts along, for that very reason. At least they didn't have to catheterize you, too!

And yes, you have to be real damn careful of foot wounds, brother. Especially being diabetic. The blood vessels are (a) closer to the surface, but (b) circulate worse and (c) don't heal as fast, so be careful!

And let's face it, when you're sick, you're supposed to whine. Anyone who doesn't is just missing out...

Hey, you're a single dad, a man of faith, working to change your body and your life. That's man enough in my view, brother. Give yourself a break...

28/6/07 4:46 am  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Forgot to add - there's this one recovery speaker (tough guy from Brooklyn) who says, "I HATE needles!! Just hate 'em. If you want to take blood from me, just POP ME INDA NOSE and let de blood drip inta dat t'ing!"

He talks about taking IV drugs, and says, "Heck, I'd drink liquid heroin on da rocks - I got no problems wit' dat. But no freakin' needles. Not me..."

28/6/07 4:49 am  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

I hope you can get some rest this weekend... Feel better, T!

M~

29/6/07 4:32 am  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

Looks like we're BOTH falling to pieces, huh?

Well, take care...get lots of rest...and watch out for those killer forks! :)

29/6/07 5:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home