Some Gifts For Me
Well I got 2 gifts today. One was my Christmas present to myself {LOOK HERE} (I am sooo excited I can hardly wait the 2 to 3 business days it will take to get here.) the other gift was not an easy one to recieve. However, of the two gifts, it is the far better of the two. At face value it doesn't seem like a gift, and may even seem like a boarderline hardship, but on closer inspection it is a gift indeed.
Through the grape vine today at work.... well let me rephrase that, after shaking, yanking, and swinging from the grapevine today I found out I did not get the last job I interviewed for. This is very upsetting to me. Not because I didn't get the job, since only one person can have it, and there was a question in my mind about some things I can't discuss, that made me think it was 60 40 split if I would get it and yes was the 40. No, what makes me mad are the spineless hiring managers that can't even call, email, or snail mail you that some one else has been chosen. I am a big boy and I can take bad news. I have also said, that if I go by what everyone tells me I should have gotten that job, office polotics not withstanding, so that just makes it all the more frustrating.
At this point you are possibly asking yourself, just how can not getting a job you really wanted, when your current possition ends in April of 07, with nothing else even remotely like a promotion in sight, just how the heck can that be a gift? Well, I will tell you.
It took me many years to get to this point, but now that I am here it is the only thing that has ever worked for me so I am sticking with it. I trust that God will take care of me, even if at times it seems like he is not there to help. I can always look back and see His grand design in my life. Not to mention, that even though it always seemed like things were not going my way, all of the things I thought I had wanted where far less than what God had planned for me all the long. It is only my job to trust in Him completely. Knowing that no matter what, He has my best interestes at heart. If I am patient, and wait for Him to work in His time He will shower me with more blessings than I ever knew I wanted or needed.
Unfortunately, like the Red Headed Editor said in a previous post. When God closes one door he always opens another one, it is just that being in the hallway SUX! I am now far more capable of weathering my wilderness times because I know that when God's plan comes together for me it will be mightily wonderful for me and my children.
Through the grape vine today at work.... well let me rephrase that, after shaking, yanking, and swinging from the grapevine today I found out I did not get the last job I interviewed for. This is very upsetting to me. Not because I didn't get the job, since only one person can have it, and there was a question in my mind about some things I can't discuss, that made me think it was 60 40 split if I would get it and yes was the 40. No, what makes me mad are the spineless hiring managers that can't even call, email, or snail mail you that some one else has been chosen. I am a big boy and I can take bad news. I have also said, that if I go by what everyone tells me I should have gotten that job, office polotics not withstanding, so that just makes it all the more frustrating.
At this point you are possibly asking yourself, just how can not getting a job you really wanted, when your current possition ends in April of 07, with nothing else even remotely like a promotion in sight, just how the heck can that be a gift? Well, I will tell you.
It took me many years to get to this point, but now that I am here it is the only thing that has ever worked for me so I am sticking with it. I trust that God will take care of me, even if at times it seems like he is not there to help. I can always look back and see His grand design in my life. Not to mention, that even though it always seemed like things were not going my way, all of the things I thought I had wanted where far less than what God had planned for me all the long. It is only my job to trust in Him completely. Knowing that no matter what, He has my best interestes at heart. If I am patient, and wait for Him to work in His time He will shower me with more blessings than I ever knew I wanted or needed.
Unfortunately, like the Red Headed Editor said in a previous post. When God closes one door he always opens another one, it is just that being in the hallway SUX! I am now far more capable of weathering my wilderness times because I know that when God's plan comes together for me it will be mightily wonderful for me and my children.









1 Comments:
Oh geez, I.S. I'm so sorry to hear that. I seriously don't know what employers think sometimes. I had the same feelings when I was unemployed for months. Very scary out there. And you just wanna shake these morons.
Hey, nice pressie, btw.
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home