Thursday, December 30, 2004

How scary is that?

On Nov. 19th of this year I honored Jerry Orbach for his work as Detective Lennie Briscoe, on NBC's Law and Order. The caption reads, "Farewell, to a Friend." Little did I know how prophetic that statement was. Jerry died on Tuesday this week, from prostate cancer. You can read about him
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6765565 here. (I know, I need to learn how to do that the cool way, sorry.

The world is definitely a much lesser place without Jerry in it. Let us all take off our hats, cover our hearts, and look to the big "Two-Seven" in the sky, in a moment of silence, to honor the memory, the actor, the man Jerry Orbach, Detective Lennie Briscoe of the 27th precinct. Detective Briscoe was always the first one to make wise cracks. My all time favorite was this one. "Murder isn't just a sin, it's also a felony."

Our prayers are with you big guy. Thanks for making our lives a little easier while you were here with us.



1 Comments:

Blogger Steve F. wrote...

I really never knew that Orbach was a hoofer until I read his obit, nor did I realize he was the voice of the Candlestick in "Beauty & The Beast," and sang "Be Our Guest." The world is definitely a little dimmer for his passing...a beautiful tribute to him, my friend.

31/12/04 12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home