Friday, December 17, 2004

HALLIN' BALZ DOWN THE ROAD

Apparently for sometime now there has been more than the "Live Strong" yellow arm band to show your support for testicular cancer. I, however, was totally unaware until this week. It seems that one can go to Yournutz.com and for $25-$30 purchase a pair of rubber nutz to hang just under the plates on your car or truck to show your "support or lack there of" (geeze I crack myself up) for testicular cancer. According the the newspaper article I read half of the money you spend goes towards the cause. Last year the site sold 40,000 pair of nads to supporters all over the country.

If that were not bad enough, they come in an assortment of colors, like bright yellow. (I wonder if they glow in the dark?) For years now I have been watching Calvin peeing on automotive emblems. Once I even had Mickey Mouse flip me the bird. Now I think I can say that all has been bared to me, and on the highway no less. I guess, if all your friends know you are crazy, now you can show them your nutz too.

Apparently, America has lost all shame. I can hardly wait for my little girl to see the dangling dingleberries and ask, "What are those Daddy? Maybe the web site should provide answers to the FAQs of kids as they see them for the first time so that parents can tactfully handle the situation.

I have to addmit it is a very clever marketing ploy. I even applaud them for raising all of that money for avery worth while cause. Since magnetic ribbons are all the craze why not have skin toned one for testicular cancer. Of Course, no one would buy them then.

According the my local news station that's not all I have to worry about. Recently a family was driving down the highway at dusk and they pulled along side of an SUV with the ever present flip down DVD screen. When the father glanced over he saw that the "in flight movie" was PORNO! Hey, If you want to watch that crap, I can't stop you. I would, however, greatly appreciate you not affording my children the opportunity, while I am driving them to piano lessons, or the mall. All I can say is I hope that law inforcement comes up with a stiff fine for the offenders. (Yeah I ment to say that too, for shame, I know.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home