A Light At The End Of The Tunnel For A Very Proud Father
My 7 year old has had adjustment problems his whole life. He was moved from one day care to another for bad behavior. He even went to more that one Kindergarten. While there are many issues at play here, some of which I am not at liberty to talk about here, we knew that a large part of the problem was that he was very intelligent. (Just like is Dad, but he can spell better than I can.) LOL
Well, today, I found out just how right I was. The principal called me to give me the results of a test they give to each student at the beginning of the year to find out were they are academically. My son, who is in 1st grade, placed in the 98 percentile, for the NATION! He actually tested better than all of the 4th graders at his school. (This includes his sister who is in the 4th grade.) I knew he was very smart, but now that it has been verified, you could have knocked me over with a feather.
This test was given the very first week of school, which means he was at a 4th grade level when he walked in the door. Also meaning that, among other things, he taught himself to read. Now, that we have this figured out we can move on, and hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of the other issues more easily now.
Well, today, I found out just how right I was. The principal called me to give me the results of a test they give to each student at the beginning of the year to find out were they are academically. My son, who is in 1st grade, placed in the 98 percentile, for the NATION! He actually tested better than all of the 4th graders at his school. (This includes his sister who is in the 4th grade.) I knew he was very smart, but now that it has been verified, you could have knocked me over with a feather.
This test was given the very first week of school, which means he was at a 4th grade level when he walked in the door. Also meaning that, among other things, he taught himself to read. Now, that we have this figured out we can move on, and hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of the other issues more easily now.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home