Monday, December 06, 2004

Who farted? It must have been the sheep.

This weekend I took my kids to "A Journey To Bethlehem". We have gone for the last 8 years to the same place and decided that this year we would go to a different church offering the program to spice things up a bit.

Even though I like the one we usually go to better, this one had some things that were worth attending for. The big difference was that there were real live livestock in the church. However, since I can smell almost nothing unless it totally reeks, and is right under my nose for at least a week prior, so I had no idea that as we rounded the corner that there were sheep in the stable with Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

I had eaten a large dinner over an hour and a half before, and being male my stomach was rolling as the gas there in build up. Since I was in the middle of the group I could hardly let things take there course as we all walked to the next location. I was being as polite as I could by squeezing my cheeks together as I walked, but for all the effort some snuck out silently, thank the Lord. Just at that same time some of the people behind me caught the sent of the sheep in the next room, even though I did not, and commented that they could smell livestock.

Well, I almost turned around and said, "I know it stinks, but it's not that bad is it?" when I realized there was actually livestock in the next room. I made up my mind then, if anyone pointed at me for the errant sent, I would just point at the sheep. Thankfully, no one noticed.

3 cheers for bah bah black sheep and her friends!


1 Comments:

Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Proof yet again that even after some extended recovery, it can still be all about us, eh?

At least you had sheep you could point people toward. On the El (Chicago's elevated trains) we have two disadvantages: (1) they are metal, and so bodily sounds seem amplified amazingly, and (2) they use convection ventilation, and so any odd smells end up percolating all through one's particular "car" in the train. (Thank God for the fresh air that flows in when the doors open at each stop!) It makes one conscious of emptying all bio-wastes before getting on the train, and not eating anything too spicy for lunch.

Thanks for a smile...

6/12/04 11:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home