Poor Economy, HUH? Must Be Bush's Fault!
Man, I just did some more Christmas shopping this afternoon, and if we are experiencing a poor economy because of Bush, then bring it on baby! My God, the stores were packed. My aunt has an expression for when it gets this bad, T&E (t*ts and elbows, cause that's all there is.) I have seen less activity on large ant hills. Not to mention carts with several large ticket items in them. It took everything I had the day after Thanksgiving to find a PlayStation2 for my son and that is a $200 item.
One of my employees and I were talking about the economy after the election. When it got down to it she said that the economy was bad, and it was all Bush's fault, because she and her husband didn't have a boat and an RV in their driveway. To which I replied, "Clinton was in office for 8 years, who's fault was it then?"
Futhermore, Greenspan has been in charge of the nation's economic status for several presidents, if you want to bitch slap anyone, hit him. Really, the economy ebs and flows, it always has. The President, has far less power over most things than everyone gives him credit for.
At work, all I here from the Blue Staters (misplaced in a Red State) is how bad the economy is, and out of the other corner of their mouth, they are telling me about the loads and loads of things they are buying for their kids, wives, other relatives and friends. If they could only see how foolish they look and sound. I guess if you look in Webster's under CONTRADICTION, you will find a picture of a DEMOCRAT.
One of my employees and I were talking about the economy after the election. When it got down to it she said that the economy was bad, and it was all Bush's fault, because she and her husband didn't have a boat and an RV in their driveway. To which I replied, "Clinton was in office for 8 years, who's fault was it then?"
Futhermore, Greenspan has been in charge of the nation's economic status for several presidents, if you want to bitch slap anyone, hit him. Really, the economy ebs and flows, it always has. The President, has far less power over most things than everyone gives him credit for.
At work, all I here from the Blue Staters (misplaced in a Red State) is how bad the economy is, and out of the other corner of their mouth, they are telling me about the loads and loads of things they are buying for their kids, wives, other relatives and friends. If they could only see how foolish they look and sound. I guess if you look in Webster's under CONTRADICTION, you will find a picture of a DEMOCRAT.









2 Comments:
Hate to tell you, brother, but this is one Democrat who's not going to be ordering a Lexus for Christmas...
In fact, I still don't have *health insurance*, let alone money to buy PlayStations, an iPod, or a suburban assault vehicle.
Just because you work with a bunch of Johnson County folks (whose biggest problems are that the KC economy has taken them all the way down to their last personal water-craft) doesn't mean that there aren't some desperately poor folks out here. Personally, just getting *paid* (for the first time in 7 weeks) brought me up from "pretty desperately impoverished" all the way to "working poor"...
Talk to one of the tens of thousands of Sprint employees whose jobs went to India - or just off into the ether - because of the tax incentives of the current administration - and you'll hear a much different story than the whiners you work with. (We won't even mention tens of thousands of Enron and Worldcom employees with no retirement, and no jobs...)
In fact, in my family, we are not even exchanging gifts this year. That way, my sisters can focus what few sheckels they have on their in-laws, who seem to feel this is a big deal.
Trust me - no one listened for a minute to my response to the typical Republican question, "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" The answer was not "no" but "hell, no!"
Ohhhh yes, yes, it's all Bush's fault, don't ya know. Because it's a direct reflection of the *one* individual sitting in the president's chair. It certainly wouldn't be anything related to the people sitting in the congressional seats who are writing the laws or anything/anyone else connected to the sprawling government machine we've got going here. And lost jobs and retirements didn't occur because people are criminals -- it happened because we have W in the white house. He caused all those big companies to be thieves.
I HATE that Steve's family isn't super comfortable, or even just plain old comfortable. However, I lack the will to blame it on one fool in one oval-shaped office.
Also, just out of random curiosity, when did it become such a friggin' crime to have a good income? Steve, and I promise you I'm not being a smartass (in this paragraph,) how will you feel when your family has a great income sometime in the future? Will you consider yourself a slimeball because you have a lot of money? Personally, I'm hoping not, because you'll have earned said income.
I just broke my own rule by even commenting on anything related to partisan politics. And, to add insult, I'm not even a republican! I'm just someone who thinks that it's a much different issue than how we usually talk about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home