Friday, November 26, 2004

The Mad Rush

Well this morning was not a total loss. I got the partable DVD player for my daughter, but found out that Target has been out of Play Station 2 since last Wednesday. As I also found out later that no one in Kansas City had them. Including online. What's a father to do? Well, I didn't give up. I got one of the last 10 PS2 consoles in town. It took calling around to find one. Then when I got there I found out that the person who told me they did have them was very mistaken. God smiled on me, and on the way home I stopped at Costco, in a last ditch effort. Hooray, they had one!

I am so very glad to have gotten one. I would have had a very disappointed little boy on my hands had I not been able to find one.

One might now think that my mad rush is over. I am here to tell you to think again. I and my two dear children will be loading up the green machine and heading to their Grandparents for a belated Thanksgiving Feast. As stated earlier in this blog, this is a gift of monumental proportion that I give to my children. I would sooner have all my skin pealed off that be in the same room with my ex-in-laws. Well, this is just my cross to bear.

We will be making the 4 hour drive for about a 4 hour visit. Then unbeknownst to my children we will be hoteling that evening, and driving home Sunday morning. One 4 hour drive a day with an inpatient 7 year old is quite enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Checkin' in from Toledo...hoping that your visit with the out-laws was reasonably non-toxic, and that the kids were less impossible than you anticipated. I give thanks for you, brother - you are on my gratitude list!

27/11/04 7:20 am  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

I also thought that "inpatient" was the level of treatment you might want to give that child...and "impatient" was how you were feeling with him...

(Those Freudian slips can be a bitch, sometimes.)

29/11/04 9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home