Tuesday, November 23, 2004

How Rude???????? Cell Phone Rules 101

Let me start out by saying that I am very addicted to my cell phone. If I am in the car, I am usually on the phone. ( I have hands free thingies, so I can drive as normally as I would where I not talking on the phone.) I always turn the ringer off in public places and never answer it until I have left the room I am in at the time. To put it bluntly, I make sure I am overly considerate of others while using my phone.

While waiting in line to order lunch at the golden arches the woman in front of me was talking on her phone. It was clear to everyone in a five mile radius that she was having a personal conversation and chose to share it with all of us. If that wasn't bad enough, she never stopped talking while she was ordering. Furthermore, she acted as if the person trying to take her order was interrupting her highly important conversation. After she quickly barked her order, she started using rude gestures, like shoving money at the clerk with out a word.

Evidently, some people need to have Cell Phone 101 printed up to remind them how to use their phone politely.

Rules for Cell Phone Use

1. If you do not have hands free accessories for your phone, HANG UP AND DRIVE!

2. If you are taking loud enough for more than the one or two people closest to you to hear, YOU ARE TOO LOUD! None of us care about your divorce, your hot date, the fact that your cat puked on your new leather coat and turned it pink, or that your can't figure out why your four year old is not yet potty trained.

3. If you are talking on the phone DO NOT CONDUCT ANY OTHER BUSINESS. ie. order food, pick up your dry cleaning, or any other thing that requires you to communicate with some one other than the person on the other end of your cell phone.

4. If your phone rings in the rest room, DO NOT ANSWER IT! I don't care if the person your calling hears me urinating, or passing gas, however, they might. You may not know this, but most cell phones come with free voicemail. USE IT!


It all comes down to this, "Think before you dial."

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve F. wrote...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29/11/04 7:59 pm  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Wish you could be on the El(evated train) with me, as many women and men loudly argue with their significant-others about what to fix for dinner, who should (or should not) be drinking this evening, where they can stuff what, you name it. If Eddie Murphy were withdrawing from crack, it couldn't be louder, or more profane.

So I'm with you 100% - and it's just a good thing I don't travel to a gym or workout facility on the El, or I would be stuffing dirty gym socks into some folks' mouths in my irritation. (How's that for "they'll know we are Christians by our love"?)

29/11/04 7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home