Thursday, November 18, 2004

OFF KEY AT eHarmony.com

After several years of self improvement, I decided I was ready to begin looking for a female companion again. Frankly, I quite miss it now, and not for the reasons you may think. I miss having someone to share my innermost feelings with. I miss waking up with someone in the crook of my arm, or falling asleep with them while watching television in the familyroom. I miss holding hands, warm hugs, and soft lips that bush against me. I miss having a friend forever.

All of this led me to eHarmony. I must say that I am very pleased with the service, and the quality of the matches I receive. However, I seem to be a little off key when it comes to hooking up with someone. At this point I have been matched with 93 women. I have requested contact with about half of those. From that group about 15 responded, 10 of whom quickly went by the wayside. Some chose not to pursue me, and I chose not to pursue others. That leaves 5 women. Of these 5 all were mutually interested. 3, I realized were not emotionally ready for a healthy relationship, regardless of what they thought, and the other 2 seemed not as interested in me as I was in them.

All that to say that I am back at square one, with no matches in my in box, which has been empty for nearly a month now. I know that it is a numbers game and that I just need to be patient, and I will eventually meet a wonderful woman. It's just that the journey sux some times. I am typically not a good waiter, and situations like these don't make it any easier. However, I understand the value of waiting for the right person to come along, and I am emotionally healthy enough that I will not leap at the first person that shows an interest in me. Slow and steady wins the race.

If I keep singing solo, maybe someday I can find the perfect partner for a duet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home