Tuesday, November 16, 2004

ON MY SOAP BOX

I just spent the morning at the Social Security Office applying for my children's benefits. At one of the other desks there was a lady re-filing for disability benefits. (While I do not know this person's situation, she didn't seem too disabled to me.) Apparently, neither she or her husband have worked since 2000. They have 4 children and she shows up in a leather coat, and $175 tennis shoes.

I realize that there are many people out there that deserve and receive benefits, however, it was quite clear to me, by the amount of gold on her fingers and in her mouth, that she was supplementing her income some how.

Furthermore, I have an employee who lives with his girlfriend (They have 4 children together). However, his home address is his parent's. She does not work and collects social security. From all indications, she is very capable of working, but just chooses not to. I could go on for ever, but it would only serve to make me angrier.

The most frustrating part in all of this is, I struggle because I am not willing to lie, cheat, and steel. Furthermore, I don't even think of doing things like that in the first place. Evidently, this country's moral barometer has sunk so low that things like this are not only common place, but acceptable by most everyone.

Case in point, William Jefferson Clinton, lied openly to the American public for many months about his affair in the Oval Office. Then, when he finally came clean about it no one really did anything. Well, not really anyway. We did impeach him, but he wouldn't leave, and no one enforced it. The general consensus seems to be that this was between him and his wife.


HELLO! HE LIED TO US TOO!!!!

Furthermore, if he lied about something as small as that, what else do we have to worry about. (Worst of all, I actually voted for him the second time, and this is how he repays his supporters?!)

Now that I have vented, let me apologize. I swore when I created this blog that I would refrain from spewing my political opinions on the world. Look, it didn't even take a week and I have already broken my promise.
So, impeach me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

I do the same thing....I avoid political commentary on my own blog at all costs. Why? Because I get that feeling of being taken advantage of, of being a powerless little blip on the political screen of America and it ticks me off!

Nice castle picture though...I am VERY into castles. :)

19/1/05 12:10 pm  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

I do the same thing....I avoid political commentary on my own blog at all costs. Why? Because I get that feeling of being taken advantage of, of being a powerless little blip on the political screen of America and it ticks me off!

Nice castle picture though...I am VERY into castles. :)

19/1/05 12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home