Tis the Season to be flat and off beat
Today, the management company that owns the high rise I work in downtown brought in area Jr. High School bands and choirs to treat us with Christmas music as we ate in the food court. As a former Jr High band member myself I remember the concerts all to well. For 12 to 15 year olds it was quite good, however, the French Horn sections was entirely flat! BAAAAH
The choir, on the other hand, was fabulous! I have been a choir member for over 20 years now and am currently in a 60 member choir, so when I say these kids were good, I have the experience to back up what I say. It is very possible that the Choir was from the High School, which would jive with the quality of their performances, respectively. The really sad part was that the Jr. High band got much more applause than the High School Choir. (Ironic that they were the worse of the two groups.) I believe that this was because there were more people in the food court when the band was playing, than when the choir was singing. I would have clapped for the choir, but I was engrossed in my Tom Clancy Novel, and didn't want to stop every page or so, in order to recognize the group. That is why I am praising them here in my blog.
The choir, on the other hand, was fabulous! I have been a choir member for over 20 years now and am currently in a 60 member choir, so when I say these kids were good, I have the experience to back up what I say. It is very possible that the Choir was from the High School, which would jive with the quality of their performances, respectively. The really sad part was that the Jr. High band got much more applause than the High School Choir. (Ironic that they were the worse of the two groups.) I believe that this was because there were more people in the food court when the band was playing, than when the choir was singing. I would have clapped for the choir, but I was engrossed in my Tom Clancy Novel, and didn't want to stop every page or so, in order to recognize the group. That is why I am praising them here in my blog.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home