What a last couple of days!
Well, the 7 year old, mister I'm much too smart for my own good, got suspended yesterday. I called the psychologist and he said it was a med thing and not a behavior thing. I got him into the Dr. this am, and we tweaked the meds some. According to the Dr. the change should take effect quickly.
Just so he doesn't get expelled, (which he is dangerously close to being) I am keeping him home next week. If you are already at a 4th grade level, missing one week of 1st grade isn't going to hurt you a bit. After Christmas we can test him and get him into the Gifted Program.
I have been through every emotion available in the last two days. Frankly, I feel like I have been pulled through a knot whole. I know that we are on the tail end of the bad, and on the very beginning of wonderful things to come. At this point that is the only thing that is keeping me going.
Just so he doesn't get expelled, (which he is dangerously close to being) I am keeping him home next week. If you are already at a 4th grade level, missing one week of 1st grade isn't going to hurt you a bit. After Christmas we can test him and get him into the Gifted Program.
I have been through every emotion available in the last two days. Frankly, I feel like I have been pulled through a knot whole. I know that we are on the tail end of the bad, and on the very beginning of wonderful things to come. At this point that is the only thing that is keeping me going.









1 Comments:
Oh, brother, I am so, so sorry for you. You know that I am not one to normally pour on sympathy - but I can't even imagine what you have had to go through. I wish I could do something to ease your pains - but I can't...
...except to say this: you have the gift for parenting that I do not. I would not even want to consider where your son would be if he here in *my* circle of influence. Trust me - whatever you're doing with (and for) him is SO much better than he could be getting from whack-jobs like me...you are DEFINITELY doing God's work!
Post a Comment
<< Home