I'M NOT YOUR BABY!!!!!!
Today, I took lunch at the Golden Arches across the street from where I work. This is the second time I have had the pleasure of being helped by a certain new employee. This new employee greets each customer as follows: "Hey baby, can I take your order?" Then she proceeds with, "Baby, can I get your name for the ticket?" Now, having just given her my "Christian Name," one could then assume she would now call me by said "Christian Name." NOT! "Ok baby, stand over there, and we'll call you when your order is ready."
It does not matter if one is male or female, or weather or not one is young or old, everyone gets called, "Baby." Now, in the grand sceam of things, being called "Baby" is really no big deal. Normally, I invoke my "5 Year Rule," which says, "If it will not matter 5 years from now, then let it go!" for things of this nature. However, I feel that I am entitled to at least 2 or 3 pet peaves in this world, and being called "Baby" is my All Time, A-Number-One, Top of the List, pet peave!
Don't ask me why. If you do, you won't get an answer. The reason being, I don't know myself. It just makes me want to loose my religion all over the offending individual every time it happens. Thankfully, I learned long ago to not let the outside world see the great pain I am in. For it does absolutely no good to go around loosing ones religion all over others for such minutia. I think now is when I am suppose to thank God for Blogs, a place where I can rant over the silly things in life, and go on to lead a normal and productive life.
It does not matter if one is male or female, or weather or not one is young or old, everyone gets called, "Baby." Now, in the grand sceam of things, being called "Baby" is really no big deal. Normally, I invoke my "5 Year Rule," which says, "If it will not matter 5 years from now, then let it go!" for things of this nature. However, I feel that I am entitled to at least 2 or 3 pet peaves in this world, and being called "Baby" is my All Time, A-Number-One, Top of the List, pet peave!
Don't ask me why. If you do, you won't get an answer. The reason being, I don't know myself. It just makes me want to loose my religion all over the offending individual every time it happens. Thankfully, I learned long ago to not let the outside world see the great pain I am in. For it does absolutely no good to go around loosing ones religion all over others for such minutia. I think now is when I am suppose to thank God for Blogs, a place where I can rant over the silly things in life, and go on to lead a normal and productive life.









1 Comments:
Sounds like you need a burst of gratitude.
Personally, I'd prescribe going to Gates BBQ (a KC tradition), and having some shrill woman shout "Ma' ah HEPP y'u?" at 85 decibels before your eyes can even focus on the damn menu board...
But trust me, I also understand the inherent rudeness implicit in what you described. But compared to the sullen monotone "mayahepu" that I get when *I* go to the Chicagoland Golden Arches, having some Cher-wannabe mistaking you for Sonny Bono ("I got you, babe") just ain't so bad....
Post a Comment
<< Home