Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Never Toot Your Own Horn

Especially at 4:45 am in the morning! Ever since my new S.U.V. Thunder came to live with me he has had this really bad habit of blaring his horn, which just so happens to be attached to the factory installed anti-theft system built into the Key. The key itself also has the wireless door lock and panic button on it. Anyway, I have been trying to get an appointment with CARMAX to get it fixed because it has been causing me great embarrassment. Because it wasn't working I had to use the key. Furthermore, the key's computer anti-theft computer chip only works when the key is in the ignition. If you put 2 + 2 together what that means is everytime I opened the door the friggin alarm went off, until I got the key in and turned it.

It's not bad enough that people look at you in parking lots, like you have a screw loose because you can't even get into your own car without setting of the alarm that blares the big ass american horn until you get in. The worst part of all was that it also did it each morning when I opened by car door to got to the gym, at 4:45 am! I felt aweful about it every morning, and was getting pister by the minute because took leaving 3, yes 3 voicemail messages on 3 different days trying to get someone to call me back so I could make an appointment (They only do appointments.) then calling back to ask for a manager before I got an appointment for this morning. YEAH!!!!!

Appointment Time: 9:00am

I sat in a waiting room with two other customers and their well behaved 3 and 4 year olds (There is a God!). However, I couldn't read because the reason they were well behaved was there was a tape in the VCR. As a long time Dad, I know that if something is making children behave, DON'T F WITH IT!

11:00am customer #3 who had gotten there and hour after me, had the same SUV with the same problem as mine was leaving. I asked the guy what the status was on mine, he said he would check. When he came back later he told me they were finishing up paperwork now. Then at 11:30 the guy I checked Thunder in with comes out and says, "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you were waiting for your vehicle."

Now there's a shocker, since he checked me in, asked me if I was staying, then keyed it into the computer as such. The reason I know this is because I got a copy of the work order and bigger than shit across the top it has a huge X (Bolded no less) next to "Customer Waiting." Ok, ain't no thang. I just take my 2 new keys and go, right? WRONG!

The lock smith dude couldn't get the keys one of the keys programed so the guy with the short memory span had called the nearest Chrysler Dealer and I was to take it over right then and they would have someone who knew how to fix it take care of it. Ok, still ain't no thang. I was in an especially good mood today for some reason, the weather was nice the sun roof was open and Beathoven was Blasting on my Infinity Sound System. Not to mention I wasn't paying for any of this which made me happier still.

I get to the Chrysler Dealer, they take me right away. No sooner does my cushy ass hit the chair than Mr Happy Pants Customer Service Intake Guy comes to tell me the key dealie is fixed but they found an item which needed to be fixed due to recall. I was pleasantly told that it would take less than 30 minutes to fix and it would prevent me from being stalled out on the road somewhere. "Cool, Thanks!" I said.

I was drinking coffee, something I normally don't do, but I was very hungry by this point, and had already called my Fotonut Mom and told her I was coming to pick her up and take her to lunch at Panera Bread Co. I was half a cup down and just nicely getting settled into my Dilbert Comic when Mr. Happy Pants is back, except I neither saw or heard him approach. He was right next to me when he cheerfully says, "Ok, Mr. Fotonut, All done for you." HOLY SHIT! I jumped out of my skin and had to pick cealing tiles out of my hair. He appologized, but were both laughing 'cause it was freekin funny.

Ok, by this point I was ready eat the uphostery in the car. I called my Fotonut Mom and told her I was on my way. We had a nice lunch together and the food was good.

Now I am very happy because I know I won't be waking up my elderly neighbors every morning with that Blasting Horn. I called again to say I was sorry, and that it was now fixed. She was sweet and said it hadn't bothered them, but I know better. My parents go to visit with them every couple of days because they never had any children and they don't have any other living relatives. She has told my parents that she has an aweful time sleeping, and often gets only a few hours, all right about the time I get in my car to go to the gym. She said, "I must have gotten used to it already because I slept till 6:30 this morning. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I don't got to the gym on Wednesdays. Oh well, its fixed now and I had a fun day taking my Fotonut Mom out to lunch, and picking up my kids from school as a suprise instead Fotonut Mom having to do it.

BTW, my Fotonut Mom turns 65 tomorrow, or today if you are reading this on the 21st.

Happy Birthday Fotonut Mom!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

I'm glad you got that horn fixed ~ that would drive me bananas!

M~

19/9/07 10:08 pm  
Blogger Nature Girl wrote...

Happy Birthday FotoNut Mom!

Wow...so glad everything worked out in the end and cool that they told you about the recall so you didn't have to make a separate appointment.
Stacie

20/9/07 7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home