HOLY CRAP!
It never hurts to ask!
I just wanted to let everyone here know it pays to ask when it comes to taking your camera with you to large venue events. That said, I have asked several times for several different events, but it never did any good until now.
I am taking my kids to our first ever Kansas City Wizards Game so I went to their web site to see about bringing my camera. The discription of "Still Cameras and Cases" made me nervous.
I have a Canon 20D with a 24-105mm L glass lens. I didn't want some Barney Fife type Security Gaurd telling me I had to walk back to the car because I couldn't bring my camera in.
There was a place on their web site with contact email for questions so I sent the below email.
The KC Wizards office is right down the street from my house. My Dad had gone in and talked to the ticket guy and told him about Big Sister's Birthday, and he got FRONT ROW TICKETS.
I sent that email about two and a half weeks ago. Just the other day I realized I hadn't heard anything yet and figured I would just take my old point and shoot now owned by my very own Fotonut Mom.
Today, however, I get a call from some big muckity muck from the Wizards. He falls all over himself saying he is so sorry for not getting back to me sooner. He was just about to call me the day I sent the email and his phone rang. He realized today when he saw my old email that he had not yet called, but said we still have some time before the game so he was glad he was still able to reach me. He then goes on to say he has spoken to the head of security, who told him it is up to the idividual gaurd to make the determination on weather or not the camera is exceptable. (Wonderful, just great the run around again.)
Now I am thinking I'm sunk. Then the big muckity muck guy says, so what I will do for you is leave media credentials for you at the gate so you can go through Gate E, which is our media gate. sAHweet! SCORE!!!! (In case you haven't figured it out, Media credentials = A FREEKIN PRESS PASS!)I am glad I was on the phone that way he couldn't see me shaking.
Then I asked him what I needed to do to pick up the creds, he says, "Hey I will be doing some muckity muck stuff at gate D for that game. Here is my personal cell #. Call me and I will meet you, with your media creds outside gate D and personally walk you through gate E. Again, sAHAHweet! (At this point I am numb and have yet to completely grasp what this all means.)
I do believe it may have had alot to do with the "Way" in which I asked. (Thanks to my 11th grade English teacher, Miss Munger, who taught me how to write that type of letter!) The media creds and the fact that we have Front Row Tickets will make this a game to remember. (I also think that the Wizards who don't even have their own practice field are just small time enough that they still want the exposure.) I just hope with all this great media creds stuff that I don't DORK up the pictures.
Ok, now fast forward to about 5:15pm. All of a sudden my brain snaps back out of the numbness I have been experiencing all day long. My brain says to me, "Hey wait dork. Media Creds....Media Gate....Muckity Muck Escort...LIGHTBULB! I will bet you anything we get taken onto the field! Hey, wait....The Wizards Play at Arrowhead." (The Kansas City Chief's Stadium)
HOLY CRAP! (Fotonut raises his right hand) As God is my witness, if that man walks me and my children onto the field at Arrowhead, I will shit right where I stand! Now I REALLY hope I dont DORK up the pictures!
I just wanted to let everyone here know it pays to ask when it comes to taking your camera with you to large venue events. That said, I have asked several times for several different events, but it never did any good until now.
I am taking my kids to our first ever Kansas City Wizards Game so I went to their web site to see about bringing my camera. The discription of "Still Cameras and Cases" made me nervous.
I have a Canon 20D with a 24-105mm L glass lens. I didn't want some Barney Fife type Security Gaurd telling me I had to walk back to the car because I couldn't bring my camera in.
There was a place on their web site with contact email for questions so I sent the below email.
To whom it may concern,
My children and I will be attending a Wizards game for the first time ever on Sept 15th. Both of my children are very excited, especially my daughter for whom attending this game is part of her 13th birthday gift. I would like to bring my digital camera, and am concerned that I will not be allowed to bring it with me.
In your "Items Allowed" list you state
7. Still cameras and camera cases
Does that mean any still camera? I have a Canon 20D with a 24-105mm lens. I fear that when I get to the gate that I will not be allowed in with the camera because to the unknowledgeable person my camera looks like I will be able to get HUGE close ups but with a 105mm lens its doubtful. The thing is I have owned tiny point and shoots with a 300mm zoom but you would never know just by looking. What do I need to do to prevent having to walk my camera back to the car from the gate, and loose the ability to record my very excited daughter's first ever Wizards "Birthday Gift" Game?
Also, is there a time pre or post game where children will be allowed to meet the players and get autographs and pictures?
Thank you for your time. We look forward with anticipation to our first ever Wizards game.
The Fotonut
The KC Wizards office is right down the street from my house. My Dad had gone in and talked to the ticket guy and told him about Big Sister's Birthday, and he got FRONT ROW TICKETS.
I sent that email about two and a half weeks ago. Just the other day I realized I hadn't heard anything yet and figured I would just take my old point and shoot now owned by my very own Fotonut Mom.
Today, however, I get a call from some big muckity muck from the Wizards. He falls all over himself saying he is so sorry for not getting back to me sooner. He was just about to call me the day I sent the email and his phone rang. He realized today when he saw my old email that he had not yet called, but said we still have some time before the game so he was glad he was still able to reach me. He then goes on to say he has spoken to the head of security, who told him it is up to the idividual gaurd to make the determination on weather or not the camera is exceptable. (Wonderful, just great the run around again.)
Now I am thinking I'm sunk. Then the big muckity muck guy says, so what I will do for you is leave media credentials for you at the gate so you can go through Gate E, which is our media gate. sAHweet! SCORE!!!! (In case you haven't figured it out, Media credentials = A FREEKIN PRESS PASS!)I am glad I was on the phone that way he couldn't see me shaking.
Then I asked him what I needed to do to pick up the creds, he says, "Hey I will be doing some muckity muck stuff at gate D for that game. Here is my personal cell #. Call me and I will meet you, with your media creds outside gate D and personally walk you through gate E. Again, sAHAHweet! (At this point I am numb and have yet to completely grasp what this all means.)
I do believe it may have had alot to do with the "Way" in which I asked. (Thanks to my 11th grade English teacher, Miss Munger, who taught me how to write that type of letter!) The media creds and the fact that we have Front Row Tickets will make this a game to remember. (I also think that the Wizards who don't even have their own practice field are just small time enough that they still want the exposure.) I just hope with all this great media creds stuff that I don't DORK up the pictures.
Ok, now fast forward to about 5:15pm. All of a sudden my brain snaps back out of the numbness I have been experiencing all day long. My brain says to me, "Hey wait dork. Media Creds....Media Gate....Muckity Muck Escort...LIGHTBULB! I will bet you anything we get taken onto the field! Hey, wait....The Wizards Play at Arrowhead." (The Kansas City Chief's Stadium)
HOLY CRAP! (Fotonut raises his right hand) As God is my witness, if that man walks me and my children onto the field at Arrowhead, I will shit right where I stand! Now I REALLY hope I dont DORK up the pictures!









3 Comments:
That is AWESOME! And you're right...it never hurts to ask!!!
That is SO cool...you MUST post those and youw on't muck it up...you KNOW you wont'! :))
Too cool.. how exciting :)
WOW! That is totally awesome! I hope you can get on the field! This may be the start of something new, I.S.
M~
Post a Comment
<< Home