Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hard At Work - For A While At Least

Well, the lack of posting is due to the fact that I am back at work. It was 97° here yesterday with a heat index of 108°! When I walked out side to go home my breath caught because it was so hot.

Last night it rained 2 inches and we had such a wind storm that the door from the garage to the house kepted coming open. I had to lock it to keep it closed. I was sure I was going to end up with one of the large trees in my back yard in my bedroom the way the wind was blowing but thankfully that didn't happen.

I think the end is finally drawing near at work. The rumors say it will be 60 days but we have heard nothing offical yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl wrote...

I know what you mean by your breath catching from the heat, we have that here in DC too. It was hot in CT, but here it's just ridiculous. I'm not used to the humidity, it's killing me.
Good to see you back..hope all is well.
Stacie

9/8/07 7:31 am  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

Hey! There you are!

I hear ya on the heatwave. It'll be over 100 from now on here, from what the weather man says. At least I have less than 1 week to go!

And we'd give anything for rain. Sigh. Everything is brown & crispy.

M~

9/8/07 5:37 pm  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

THERE you are! :)

Yeah, it's hot here too...heat index of 107� expected today. The poor PK is working construction today laying out a house. THAT worries me SO much.

So, as far as the work thing goes...is that a good thing or a bad thing?

10/8/07 4:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home