Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Are You All Sitting Down?

Good...

I wouldn't want anyone to fall over or faint when they read the next line.

I have a second interview, with a very big, very muckity muck boss who is like 4 levels above the job level I am applying for, AND he is flying in for the morning to interview me. (and a few others, I assume.)

I know I have said this several times over the last two years, but this time it couldn't be more true. (and it is more true this time by 10 fold than it ever has been before.) This one just feels right.

There are several reasons I think that.

1. Never once have I ever gotten the impression that I was NOT being told the whole truth, or that I was having smoke blown up my.... well you know.
2. I was told to always speak as though you already have the job, this time when doing so, I never got the impression that it made the interview uncomfortable.
3. This time I didn't have to call to find out if I had made the second interview cut because the deadline I had been given for a call back had long passed. (This time they called me when they said, and scheduled and interview with whom they said.)
4. This time I was interviewed for a position (that hit the internet boards shortly AFTER I interviewed.)
5. I applied for one job but was interviewed for a postion on the next level up.

While I have yet to be exteneded an offer, and still don't know how the second interveiw will go....I am going to say it agian. I just have a feeling about this one.

The last and most important reason I feel this way is because, I have been looking for a job for nearly 3 years now. I have always been a big prayer. I always pray that if God wants me to have the job that He would then give me the words to say to make it happen. Furthermore, I pray that His will be manifest in my life, even if it means not getting the job I am interviewing for currently.

I have tens of people praying for me on church prayer chains, and Internet prayer groups, et al. What strikes me most about this one is that I didn't find this job, It found me! Not to mention the fact that everything is going so smoothly, its almost scary. I have been wrong before, and if this is not the job God wants for me I won't get it. The cool part is that if that is the case the jobs I am interviewing for keep getting cooler and cooler. If I don't get this one I can't imagine what He has in store for me next!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl wrote...

I absolutely LOVE your attitude about this. Good things will fall your way for sure!
Stacie

5/10/07 6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home