Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Distracted Reading

Today, I started reading The Da Vinci Code . I got the illustrated version form my birthday, from my brother and his wife. This is the first adult book I have read with pictures in a very long time, and it is driving me batty! There seems to be a picture on ever third page or so, and I can't keep from looking at it while I am reading. Maybe once the newness wares off it will be easier to read. I can't tell if I like it or not since I have only read about 20 pages or so. Check with me later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura wrote...

Oh my God, I'm into your comment section! Ha! Greekchickie just finished that book (not sure if it was the illustrated version...) but she loved it! Her blog is
http://greekchickie.blogspot.com.
~L.

23/3/05 6:03 pm  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

Oh my God! I'm jumping up & down like a little kid! Ohhhhh IS! You will LOVE this book! No, mine wasn't the illustrated version, although I just about drooled uncontrollably when I saw that version at my local bookstore. I WANT THAT BOOK! Ohhhh I can hardly wait to talk to you about it! OHHHHHHH please feel free to email me at any point about it!!! Ohhhhh! I'm having a conniption over here, can you tell?!?!

greekchickie@hotmail.com

I don't read books normally, but honest to God, I am soooo in love with this book, I have now ordered or purchased all the rest of Dan Brown's collection. I'm so loving his writing style!

23/3/05 6:37 pm  
Blogger manababies wrote...

I loved the book too, and immediately dusted off my old art history books to look at the paintings. But wow, I didn't know an illustrated version was out! I'll have to get my hands on that one.

The book did make me realize that I should have done more traveling before I had kids. The thought of running off to Paris sounded so appealing. You'll see what I mean.

25/3/05 10:40 pm  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

At my bookstore, the illustrated book runs for $35. I also heard on the evening news last nite that there are guided tours in England & in France that take you thru the Da Vinci book places. I would LOVE to see some of these places.

26/3/05 5:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home