Friday, June 23, 2006

The Interview Final Score

Interviewer 1 Incurable Savant 0

Some of you already know, but for the rest of you I will report the latest on the interview news. Once again, I did not get the job I interviewed for, but I am ok with it. (More on why in a momment.) However, we are starting to getting close to crunch time. Without saying too much (duce, yeah know) I am employeed by a company who is contracted by other companies for the services it provides. Contracts usually have experation dates. Normally, contracts are renewed, as this one has been for many years. However, (and we knew this 2 years ago) that would be changing.

Because my company deals with this issue all of the time, it has practices in place to insure the employees being dispaced have somewhere to go. I have been in this industry for 17 years, and my current employer is one of the best I have seen at taking care to make sure everyone is taken care of as best they can. The reality is, the higher up the ladder you have climbed, the fewer rungs there are to stand on, on other latters. If you are at the bottom of the latter, there are lots of "Help Hold The Ladder Up" jobs, but after 17 years I am no longer at the bottom. Again, not to worry, I have watched some pretty amazing things happen that would make accountants curse like a sailor just to hang on to employees and not kick them out into the cold.

That said, I am not about to sit on my hands and play with my butthole until Armagedon arrives. Nor, will I grab at just any board floating past. I have hinted before that I have financial airbags as it were, that I am not at liberty to discuss, nor would I if I could. I will say, however, that if I find myself without employement, I will not have to worry financially. (And it does not involve welfare, thank God.) No matter how long of a dry spell I encounter, I won't have to worry about not having a home for my children and I to live in either. In that way I am very very VERY blessed. As far as I know, I am the only single parent of two young children that can say that.

So you see, I am not worried about not getting the job for the reasons stated above. More importantly, I am actually excited by the fact that I did not get it. Why you may ask..... Well, I have had more hard knocks in life, and for more years in a row than most people. In the end, God has taken care of me, and blessed me far greater ways than I ever imagined or asked for. In the last year I have interviewed for serveral of what I considered dream jobs for me. Going in and nailing the interview, only to find out later that even though I was qualified, and interviewed well, they had chosen someone else. Hmph! My point beinging, however, that God has already showered me with a multitude of his richest blessings, in the recent past. I ended up with much more than I ever dreamed of regarding my current situation. SO, if I am not getting what I consider to be the ultimate dream jobs that I am aplying for, then what on earth does He have in store for me?!!! I also know that there may be some wilderness time that I must endure, but at the end I will come out far more richly blessed than I am right now, and that is something to be excited about!

Disclaimer: I spend all day long pouring over my writing. I am actually pretty anal about being gramatically correct. Taking time to read and re-read everything until I am very happy with it. While I enjoy doing that, because I do it well, when it comes to my blog, I am a down and dirty kinda guy. This is in no way an apppology, or an excuse, for the poor grammer and spelling issues in my posts. It is, however, an explanation of the facts. Besides I didn't want all of you to sit back and say, I can see why he can't get a better job, cause he can't communicate for crap!, cause that is simply not the case. I choose to have it this way, I want my blog to be fun, not work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Editor wrote...

Great attitude, IS. You rock!

24/6/06 10:56 pm  
Blogger Marianna wrote...

I agree with Ellen... great attitude. After having gone thru my situation this past week, I tend to think like you ~ it's all gonna be ok.

In the end, I'm ok, you're ok... your kids are ok... life goes on. Bigger & better things await!

M~

25/6/06 4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home