Saturday, June 10, 2006

NEWS, Good, Bad, and Informational

Ok, It has been ages since I have had an actual post. I have lots on my mind today, and happen to have a few minutes in which to get it off my chest. I will start with the bad news. Yesterday, late afternoon, a cyclist was killed infront of my parking garage down town. He was run over by a cement truck and drug for an entire block. It was far more gory so I will spare you the details. I actaully saw the covered body still wedged between two sets of double rear tires. I have prayed for both the cyclist, and the driver of the truck. What an aweful thing, I just can't stop thinking about it. I think I feel sorriest for the driver. It would just kill me to go through life carrying that burden around with me.

Ok, on to the informational news. Well, it is more like a news bulletin. Little Man, Big Sister, and I went to see the movie CARS, which opened around the country last night. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The story was heartwarming, and the techincal aspects were jaw dropping unbelievable. It looked friggin real!

In other News, and I think this can qualify for good news. I have an interview for permotion with my current employer. I am currently a supervisor/operations manager type person, and this would be a one step up and would be higher level operations managerial hooha stuff. I actually think that I will not get the specific job that I am applying for, however, I think I will get the job of a person whom they are moving to fill the new opening. I won't become stinky filthy rich, but I am sure it will involve some monitary compensation. Also, it is much closer to my home, and the kids school ect. The interview will be on Tuesday, and the posisition starts the Following Monday. Of course, I will let you all know as soon as I know anything one way or another. I certainly hope this is the time I will be able to come back and give you the news that I have actually gotten the job. Not like all the times in the past when I could not. I also hope that 3's the charm. First we had Memphis Steve, then Greekchickie, and now hopefully Incurable Savant.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

It's funny you mentioned things coming in 3s... I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your last paragrah.

Best wishes for this week's interview! I will check back!

What a bad situation to see, I.S. My heart would have broken.

M~

11/6/06 5:19 pm  
Blogger Redhead Editor wrote...

Positive thoughts are being whisked to the other side of the state from yours truly.

And I know how ya feel about the horrible accident in front of your building. I witnessed a fatal accident when the body landed in front of my car. It's an image I will never get out of my head.

But keep focusing on good thoughts about the job possibility!

13/6/06 9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home