Ah Kids
I was over at skinnierthanacow this evening and she had a post about midgets, and how her little girl emberassed her in the store, when she saw them for the first time. I thought I would share a few of my "funny" kid stories too.
The most emberassing, and not really all that funny, was when I took my kids into work on my day off to meet my coworkers. (They hadn't seen Little Man since he was born, and he was then 4.) At the time I worked in the I/T Department and there are alot of folks that march to the beat of there own drum in that department. Once such gentleman, who was very tall and thin, sported very long straight brown hair and a beard. Just as Big Sister sees him walking down the hall, she points and yells at the top of her lungs, "Look Daddy, JESUS!!!!" Which I am sure he has heard many times before an since, looking like that.
Last year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I had taken my kids to Dillards to shop for Christmas Ornements for their teachers. It had been less than 4 month's since they had lost their mother (my ex) to Breast Cancer, and Big Sister was really having a hard time because she wanted another Mommy.
First of all, when you take my kids anywhere it is always and adventure. To say the least, they are high maintainance children. Being that it was almost Christmas they were jumping off the walls in the China Department. Finally, with the help of a shy oriental sales lady in her sixties, I was ready to check out. We are standing at the register while she rings us up, and Big Sister, now 10, pipes up and says, "Will you marry my Daddy? He is a really nice man." The poor woman almost started to hyperventilate. I think if she could have crawled under the floor tile she would have. I understood, so it didn't bother me. Thankfully, she is now past that stage, and the women of the world are once again safe in their own homes.
The most emberassing, and not really all that funny, was when I took my kids into work on my day off to meet my coworkers. (They hadn't seen Little Man since he was born, and he was then 4.) At the time I worked in the I/T Department and there are alot of folks that march to the beat of there own drum in that department. Once such gentleman, who was very tall and thin, sported very long straight brown hair and a beard. Just as Big Sister sees him walking down the hall, she points and yells at the top of her lungs, "Look Daddy, JESUS!!!!" Which I am sure he has heard many times before an since, looking like that.
Last year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I had taken my kids to Dillards to shop for Christmas Ornements for their teachers. It had been less than 4 month's since they had lost their mother (my ex) to Breast Cancer, and Big Sister was really having a hard time because she wanted another Mommy.
First of all, when you take my kids anywhere it is always and adventure. To say the least, they are high maintainance children. Being that it was almost Christmas they were jumping off the walls in the China Department. Finally, with the help of a shy oriental sales lady in her sixties, I was ready to check out. We are standing at the register while she rings us up, and Big Sister, now 10, pipes up and says, "Will you marry my Daddy? He is a really nice man." The poor woman almost started to hyperventilate. I think if she could have crawled under the floor tile she would have. I understood, so it didn't bother me. Thankfully, she is now past that stage, and the women of the world are once again safe in their own homes.









3 Comments:
Awwww..she was just trying to help out! That is so cute. She sounds like a laugh a minute, much like mine. I hope she at least has good taste! You sound like such a wonderful Dad, who knows how to laugh. I think laughter in a home is important so good job Dad!
kids just say the most adorable things...sometimes I think that I should have one for all those cute moments, but then I think of all the things i'd be rubbish at...
:0)
That was good! :)
Never a dull moment in the Savant family, is there? :)
Post a Comment
<< Home