Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Woman & Her Shoes

This morning my daughter ask me if she should wear her new sandles to school. I looked at her outfit and saw that they matched and said yes. After which, I paid her little mind, since she is very capable of getting herself ready, at 10 years old. I then proceed to make sure my 7 year old is getting ready, which means I have to do it for him or he would still be there at 10:00 am.

As I am putting on my seatbelt, kids already strapped in the back, Little Man says, "Big Sister has tape on her foot." To which I responded, "Leave your sister alone." Then, Big Sister says, "But Daddy, my sandles keep slipping off." Now I want you to know that I still can not see her feet since she is sitting behind me.

When we arrive at school, running late as always, I drop a glance behind me as Big Sister is getting out of the car, and what do I find? She has taken Post-It-Note Yellow Painter's Masking Tape and wrapped it several times around each foot, going from the sole of the sandle all the way around the top of her foot and back under again.

Now I am not a meanie, but I did not have time to argue with her until she took the tape off, thanks to Little Man's morning ritual. I then laughed out loud for three blocks. When I called my mom to tell her she said, they'll eat her alive. I know, but some times it sinks in better if the kids tell her, than if I try to explain it to her.

Still giggling, a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Oh my gosh! That is soooo friggin hysterical! That poor kid. *snicker* But hey, I hope the tape matches her outfit as well! Come on, Dad, it's all about coordinating! lol She sounds precious.

I.S. ~ what you were saying in your previous post about being prepared for your pending job situation couldn't be more true. I'll have to blog about my being laid-off 2 years ago almost to the day when I get back from my trip. It's a very scary world out there & you've GOT to prepare yourself for what's to come, even if it IS a year down the road. We had a 6 month's notice, more or less. And we still lost our jobs. The job market sucks. You're right. You have kids to take care of. You're doing the right thing by taking care of them 1st & foremost.

M~

11/5/05 10:35 am  
Blogger CheekyMoo wrote...

Oh that is just so funny. My daughter is 12. I think they're soul mates, cause that's the sort of thing she does. She comes up with these crazy clothing choices that somehow make sense to only her. That gave me a big laugh, so I can imagine seeing it! Too funny! And I agree, probably would have been an argument. I bet she came home with the tape off?

11/5/05 10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home