The Volcano On My Ear
I have no earthly idea why I remembered this, or why I am now relating it to you, just chalk it up to me being a stupid white boy, ok.
Several years ago, late on a wintery evening, I pulled in to fill up my car with gas. As I am standing next to my car, the back of my left ear starts to hurt very badly. I reached up to see if I could feel what was causing all of the pain. I discovered that I had what was a huge zit of the white or black head variety right behind my ear where it attaches to my head. I figure the only way to make the hurendous pain stop is to squeeze it.
As I bring my thumb and index finger together around the offending boil and squeeze, I hear this sound barrier breaking noise followed by a flood of ooze that sounded like someone squeezing a ketcup bottle to hard. All at the same time I notice that my entire hand is filled with contents of what had recently filled the painful zit. I will spare you the visual, lets just say I darn near puked. Thankfully there were complimentary hand towles next to the gas pumps.
What I fail to understand is why no one ever said anything to me about it? Don't tell me that my family and friends did not see it, cause it felt huge. It must have been red with a big white head on it. At least I could have taken care of it in the comfort of my own home, instead of next to the gas pump at Quick Trip. I can understand why a strainger wouldn't want to say, "Hey, did you know you have a huge pointy boil behind your left ear?" But surely my wife or my mother or some other family member could have spoken up. What if it burst on its own all over my back at work or at church? EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Several years ago, late on a wintery evening, I pulled in to fill up my car with gas. As I am standing next to my car, the back of my left ear starts to hurt very badly. I reached up to see if I could feel what was causing all of the pain. I discovered that I had what was a huge zit of the white or black head variety right behind my ear where it attaches to my head. I figure the only way to make the hurendous pain stop is to squeeze it.
As I bring my thumb and index finger together around the offending boil and squeeze, I hear this sound barrier breaking noise followed by a flood of ooze that sounded like someone squeezing a ketcup bottle to hard. All at the same time I notice that my entire hand is filled with contents of what had recently filled the painful zit. I will spare you the visual, lets just say I darn near puked. Thankfully there were complimentary hand towles next to the gas pumps.
What I fail to understand is why no one ever said anything to me about it? Don't tell me that my family and friends did not see it, cause it felt huge. It must have been red with a big white head on it. At least I could have taken care of it in the comfort of my own home, instead of next to the gas pump at Quick Trip. I can understand why a strainger wouldn't want to say, "Hey, did you know you have a huge pointy boil behind your left ear?" But surely my wife or my mother or some other family member could have spoken up. What if it burst on its own all over my back at work or at church? EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!









6 Comments:
On that note, anyone care for dinner?!
Thanks for sharing. Glad we have this awesome relationship where you can tell us such wonderfully delicious anctidotes. Gawwwwd. Guess I'll go home & cook me some MEAT now.
Blaaaah! lol
:D
M~
lol... sorry John! I meant to go over to your blog & ask you & then I forgot to head that way. I'm curious too... is it possible to make a video file like on my webcam & then to post it to blog for y'all to see? Just wondering!
M~
Feel free to talk amoungst yourselves. LOL Don't mind me, I just post here. LOL
Actually, I saved the link to dig into later. Thanks for the help.
been, done that...actually, it happened at work in KC, with a white dress shirt on. Same experience you had - it seemed I just touched the damn thing, I heard this sound like wripping fabric, and the stupid thing exploded like a land-mine, and then bled like I'd opened an artery in my earlobe...
In a way that can only be called fate, someone saw me about 30 seconds later, and asked what the hell happened. I told them this really pretty girl had started to come onto me, and then suddenly tried to bite my earlobe off. They said, "No... really, what happened?"
At the time, I thought maybe it was just because either (a) I'm going to be the only man in a nursing home getting Accutane and Metrogel with my Medicaid card, or (b) maybe this only happens to folks who aren't part of "the cool kids."
But hell, it happened to you, so I know it's happens to members of the "cool kids club."
Maybe it's just a "getting older as a white man" experience. But it's definitely not fun, and definitely embarassing as hell.
that is hideous *shudder*...never pop a spot, they just spread everywhere, i put antiseptic cream on them and they disappear...
:0)
Suddenly my yogurt doesn't look all that appealing anymore....yeeeck!
:)
Yes, someone should've told you about it...I know if The Peanut King gets any weird bumps or boils or zits on him, I tell him. I'd want him to do the same for me, you know?
Post a Comment
<< Home