Trading Paint
Tonight as I approach my car in the parking garage I see that the person that parked to my left did not pay much attention to how close they parked to my car when they pulled in. The person I had parked to the left of was long gone, and in their place was some one that came in at such an angle as to block my right door from opening also.
While I really didn't want to crawl over the seat I would have in order to not bump doors. However, I was not about to take my lilly white ass over the back of the passengers seat to acomplish it. This ment that I had no choice but to trade paint with the person to my left.
In case you are wondering my car is dark green and their car is bright white. I did the best I could, but being 6'4" I can only bend my legs so far. I was able to get all but my left leg in. Mind you, by this time a sufficiant amount of paint had already been swapped. I then had to put the arm rest up and slide my ass across the seat, while twisting the spit out of my my bad knee. (It qualifies as a bad knee even before I had surgery on it.)
Like I said, I was doing my level best not to do any more damage than was required. However, as my number 13 1/2 slid into the car, the doorstarted to shut. As the door shut, my toes were coming up and into the car, and they caught the arm rest of the door. I am doubtful that it was hard enough to put a dent in their door molding, but it left a nice large green line of my door's paint as a first place prize for being the piss poorest parker in the Town Pavilion Parking Garage.
While I really didn't want to crawl over the seat I would have in order to not bump doors. However, I was not about to take my lilly white ass over the back of the passengers seat to acomplish it. This ment that I had no choice but to trade paint with the person to my left.
In case you are wondering my car is dark green and their car is bright white. I did the best I could, but being 6'4" I can only bend my legs so far. I was able to get all but my left leg in. Mind you, by this time a sufficiant amount of paint had already been swapped. I then had to put the arm rest up and slide my ass across the seat, while twisting the spit out of my my bad knee. (It qualifies as a bad knee even before I had surgery on it.)
Like I said, I was doing my level best not to do any more damage than was required. However, as my number 13 1/2 slid into the car, the doorstarted to shut. As the door shut, my toes were coming up and into the car, and they caught the arm rest of the door. I am doubtful that it was hard enough to put a dent in their door molding, but it left a nice large green line of my door's paint as a first place prize for being the piss poorest parker in the Town Pavilion Parking Garage.









4 Comments:
lol, I have such a visual in my head from the way you're describing the manuevering. I just LOVE the way people park sometimes. I'm so careful about the way I park so that I don't have someone irked at me, but I know exactly what you mean... it IS frustrating!
M~
There's a woman I work with who just CANNOT park her car worth a crap. I HATE it when she ends up parking next to me because I usually have to do the whole contortion thing too just to get in my car. Grrrr.....
another reason i don't drive, parrarel parking and car parks...lol
:0)
Holy cow..you're 6'4"????
~L.
Post a Comment
<< Home