Sick AND Frustrated all in the same day!
I really want to know how in the heck a guy can get his User Stats to display in his profile!!!
Some Bloggers have it and some don't. I have researched high and low at here at the BLOG and not found anything. I mean, all I friggin want is to be able to see how many posts I have done and how many words I have typed. Is that too much to ask??
If any of my 6 readers I have know how to change this I sure would like to know. (The one I am talking about is the one that appears on the left hand side under the Picture and Edit Profile button within Blogger profile.
Some Bloggers have it and some don't. I have researched high and low at here at the BLOG and not found anything. I mean, all I friggin want is to be able to see how many posts I have done and how many words I have typed. Is that too much to ask??
If any of my 6 readers I have know how to change this I sure would like to know. (The one I am talking about is the one that appears on the left hand side under the Picture and Edit Profile button within Blogger profile.









4 Comments:
Good news - I have an answer for you. Bad news - it's not the answer you want.
I've wondered about this, too - because my User Stats are displayed - but they haven't changed in quite a while. In fact, my User Stats show that I've posted 93 posts, and 44K words so far. Unfortunately, I passed the 93rd posting on 11/7/04, so I knew that was screwed.
Turns out the answer is in the "Known Issues" page, which you can find here. The short answer is, User Stats are turned off because they're broken. They know it. Here's what the help pages says: "Stats collection has been temporarily turned off, so you will not see your post count increasing on your dashboard or profile. We plan to restore this functionality in the short term but have needed to stop collecting the information for now in order to stabilize the database servers."
It looks, from my limited research, like your blog started 11/11/04, four days AFTER my own blog stats stopped changing - so you probably don't see anything because there's nothing for your profile to display.
See - it's good to have me around for something. Not much, admittedly...but something.
Thanks for asking that question, Mr. Savant...I've often wondered about that myself.
And thanks for the answer, Steve.
lol... I'm blog illiterate, so I sure as heck couldn't help you, but it's nice to see your friend help the rest of us out.
~Marianna
Dude, I'm lucky I can figure any of this out, mydamnself! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home