DVD Addiction - Bin Diving
Last night my son and I hit the $5.50 DVD bin at Walmart. The secret to bin diving, I have discovered, is to dig past the first third of the DVDs. Most people will only dig that far for several reasons. 1. Time 2. They are not an addict like I am. 3. Since I am 6'4" I am tall enough to dig farther down in the bin.
By doing this you get a pick of what was originally in the bin, but picked over quickly. I was able to find 10 more Popular DVDs all for $5.50. Titles like Jerry McGuire, About a Boy, The Client, Catch Me If You Can, Sister Act, just to name a few.
Let me remind you of the first reason most people don't dive, TIME. I spent about 45 minutes submerged in the depths of the DVD bin, coming up for air every so often. However, I look at it this way, I saved between $80-$100, by doing so. My motto is, Never pay full price unless it is unavoidable. Because of this I rarely pay full price for anything.
By doing this you get a pick of what was originally in the bin, but picked over quickly. I was able to find 10 more Popular DVDs all for $5.50. Titles like Jerry McGuire, About a Boy, The Client, Catch Me If You Can, Sister Act, just to name a few.
Let me remind you of the first reason most people don't dive, TIME. I spent about 45 minutes submerged in the depths of the DVD bin, coming up for air every so often. However, I look at it this way, I saved between $80-$100, by doing so. My motto is, Never pay full price unless it is unavoidable. Because of this I rarely pay full price for anything.









1 Comments:
hey being a proud owner of a big ass name badge and now getting a biweekly paycheck from wal mart...i can even get a better discount.... bin diving. cool!
Post a Comment
<< Home