Thursday, February 24, 2005

Transportation Dilemma

If money were no object!

But since it is...

We now have two sides. What I want, and what I really would like because I need it.


Fact of the matter is that I really want one of what I need, it would just be nice to be able to get what I want, however, impractical it is for a full time single dad with two kids. I just see myself getting really pissed at having to have them crawl into the back seat all the time. They tend to piddle anyway, so adding the issue of a coupe/fastback would only amplify things greatly.

Furthermore, I had a 1992 Lesabre that I LOVED DEARLY. I bought it new and drove it until December of 2003 @ 150k, when my parents gave me my Mom's Car, and bought a new one for themselves. It now is very close to hitting the 100k mark, and things are starting to go wrong. This car was intended to get me by until I could get a new one, which it has and I am truly grateful for the gift.

What brought all of this to light was the fact that the folks who live next door just bought a new Lesabre, and it reminded me just how much I really missed my old one. It was the best car I ever owned. It was the sexist car I ever owned. Yeah folks even Buicks can be sexy.

When we first bought it we turned heads all over town. It was a color called deep cherry. It depended on what light you were in as to what color it looked like. It went from Jet Black, to Dark Cherry/Mahogany, and in some light it even looked to be a Deep Amethyst. The interior was the exact same color. As we drove you could see people trying to figure out what color it was. Even the sales man said when we came to pick it up. "This is a new color this year, and this is the first time I have seen it all shined up. The manager is looking for another one on the lot to shine up and put in the showroom because he is sure he will sell more that way." I can smell a slimy salesman a mile away. From the look on his face I would say he was sincere. Frankly, only a true car nut like me can recognizing the look he was giving that car. ( The same one, I and every other guy in the place was, LOL.) Yes ladies, there are two things in this world that men will act totally stupid for. 1. The woman he loves & 2. A Car. In that order of course, we have our priorities you know.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura wrote...

We are in the same dilemma with vehicles only it is me that is being stubborn. I refuse (REFUSE) to get a minivan, even though it would be the most practical vehicle for us. I think we will stick with the Expedition even though it is a killer on gas. Love the new mustangs!
Did you finish the book?
~L.

25/2/05 6:01 am  
Blogger Laura wrote...

How about BECAUSE I LOOK REALLY COOL DRIVING IT?? That's pretty much the motivation behind us NOT getting a minivan.
~L.

27/2/05 7:20 am  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

You really need to go here and click on "gallery," then video gallery, and pick the far right video. It even made me cry...although to be honest, even the United Way videos make me cry...but the convertible Pony-car (coming in Sprint) is what makes me pant (short of a BMW with an iPod connection, that is).

Having had a '72 Olds 88 Royale (back when a 350/2-barrel Rocket V-8 came standard), I can understand your lust. For me, I'm just grateful that my little Camry rice-grinder keeps on keepin' on... it may not be much, but it runs!

27/2/05 6:26 pm  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Oh, by the way, with your number 1 and 2 priorities, you sure don't sound like a divorced man...

27/2/05 6:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home