Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hateful People Before Breakfast

This morning, while I drove up to the 3rd floor of the car park, I witnessed a "deliberate act of hatefulness" (as opposed to a random act of kindness). A man was standing in the elevator, and a woman was trotting to catch it. She was only about 50 feet away, when the man leaned out, saw that she was trying to catch the car, got a dirty look on his face, and presses a button so that the doors immediately closed and she missed the car.

Let's all say it together "Arschloch!" (Yes, that's German for what you think it means.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

That's just mean.

We have six elevators here at work and six floors (7 counting the basement...but you have to have a special key to get the elevator to go to the basement...there's really bad people down there...;)

Anyway, it's so embarrasing when I try to keep the doors open for someone trying to catch the elevator...I almost ALWAYS end up hitting that damn alarm bell button. Then I turn all red and feel like a goofball. You'd think after all this time I'd know which damn button was which.

15/2/05 7:06 am  
Blogger Amy S. Petrik wrote...

while yes that is "unkind" .. i wouldn't call that hateful. and i must say i got a small chuckle out of it. it could be that the MAN totally dislikes the woman running late.... i know if i saw a woman i disliked doing the same thing i'd be beating the numbers to death. nothing worse is starting off your day with an annoying person in a small box.

15/2/05 3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home