Friday Night Fun & Saturday Slummin'
Friday night is once again "Date Night!" This time we will be off to dinner and a movie. I will again remember all of the Ps and Qs my helpful readers have shared. My big dilemma is what about V-Day? I will have only been on 2 dates with her so far. Everything has been great, and we have been talking on the phone also. K. says she is enjoying my company! woot woot
However, I do not think it is appropriate for me to shower her with flowers, candy, et. al. I mean I like her and all, I just don't want to give the wrong impression. (You know the one. I certainly do not love her yet.) I am thinking, maybe a "Funny" V-Day card, and a little chocolate. I will have to give it to her on our date tomorrow. It is doubtful we will go out on the 14th. (Again, the wrong impression.)
Saturday, I will be driving the kids to their Grandparents again, for Paw Paw's B-Day party. Then a hotel stay, and drive back on Sunday. Which means present shopping tonight.
However, I do not think it is appropriate for me to shower her with flowers, candy, et. al. I mean I like her and all, I just don't want to give the wrong impression. (You know the one. I certainly do not love her yet.) I am thinking, maybe a "Funny" V-Day card, and a little chocolate. I will have to give it to her on our date tomorrow. It is doubtful we will go out on the 14th. (Again, the wrong impression.)
Saturday, I will be driving the kids to their Grandparents again, for Paw Paw's B-Day party. Then a hotel stay, and drive back on Sunday. Which means present shopping tonight.









5 Comments:
I would still get her a nice card on VDAY... nothing mushy for christ's sake but still a nice thinking of you card. So she doesn't think you are a fuckwit for not thinking of her in the newly dating stage you are in... this is my two cents worth. Thanks for posting your photo. Now I can put a face to your misspellings and blogs. Take care.
You could do something cute like get her a fun card and say you wanted to make sure you wished her a happy valentines day and then wrap up a candy necklace and a candy ring (You know the kind we had as kids...they still sell them at places like Walgreens.). That way she'll know you know what youre supposed to lavish women with on Vday, but it won't be a stressful serious moment when she sees that they are candy.
And then a small box of yummy chocolates to let her know shes sweet.
I agree...nothing too mushy. There's so many cards out there now that say damn near anything and everything you want to say, you're bound to find something that fits the situation you're in. If not, make sure you keep it on the lighter side.
And yes, a little candy would be nice. You can NEVER EVER go wrong with chocolates...:)
Good luck! :)
Hey I-S, drop me an email from home, please. Many thanks.
Wow! Look at the new comment thingy! Cool!! I would just make sure they are TOP.OF.THE.LINE.Chocolates. Like a small box of Godiva. Something small, but something you can't pick up at the drug store. :D Have fun on your date tonight!!
~L.
Post a Comment
<< Home