Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Fallen Fantasies

My friend David over at Tales of a Wondering Mind shared some of the cool "Spy Stuff" with us, per my urging. As expected, it wasn't all that cool. Actually, it seemed a lot like my job, with one exception. I never have to worry about people shooting at me if they are mad. Although, that may change, since Missouri is now a "Right to Carry" state.

Most everybody I have talked to has said their companies have issues statements to the effect of, "Don't be bringin' your heat to work!" But you never know for sure. There are a lot of wacko people out there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

Had to smile when I read this. Where I work, you can't even bring nail files or hair spray into the building (well, us employees get away with the hair spray but no nail files).

We have extremely tight security...which is kind of good in a way. Kind of bad though when all you have to cut your meat with at lunchtime is a spork.

8/2/05 8:52 am  
Blogger Sprinkles wrote...

I used to teach at a school that made all its teachers sign a statement that made us put ourself between an armed maniac and the children should the school ever find itself in a "lock down" type situation.

Now while I'd gladly take a bullet to save a child, it was a weird feeling having to sign a statement like that.

8/2/05 9:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home