First Dates, Pasta, New Shoes & Clenched Cheeks
First I need to clear up some old business. Hottie K #2 closed the match as soon as she saw my picture. Her loss cause I am a tiger in the sack. hee hee Besides, if she is that shallow I don't want to date her either.
Now on to new business. . .
About the time it I started freshening up at work my gut started to percilate. You need to keep in mind that I have not been on a real date in 13 years, stands to reason that I am going to be a bit nervous. Frankly, I don't know why because I already knew tons of stuff about her, thanks to eHarmony.com. Just the jitters, I guess.
When I arrived at the resturant, I realized I had forgotten what a wonderful atmosphere this Cheesecake Factory has. (Very 30's ArtDeco. ArtDeco is my thing anyway, so all the better.) I didn't have to wait long and she arrived cute as a button, with now suprises. You know, like an extra 150 pounds, or 90 years older than the picture provided. The only thing different was that her hair was longer. (I like long hair anyhow.) The other good sign was that when she saw me she didn't get a look of horror, and run for the nearest exit.
We were seated and served quickly at a booth, in the upper level overlooking the atrium and enterance, which was filled with Kentya Palms. By the way, the pasta was DIVINE! We both shared our stories, and found they were remarkably simalur. Actually we talked like we had known each other for ages. It was also a little scarry to find out that we think so much alike. Even to the point that she is a Republican that doesn't vote strait ticket!! How cool is that?
Then came the simply decadent Godiva chocolate cheese cake! We shared it since we were both full from the pasta. The whole time I ate, I wished for an entire gallon of milk to wash it down, but it was soooooooooooooooooooooo worth it! (In case you all didn't know, Chocolate fixes more that duct tape does.)
By this point it was only about 7:30 so I suggested we head over to the Kemper Musuem of Modern Art, but as I said it I realized it wouldn't too great a place to talk, and said so. Luckily the Plaza, a.k.a. Kansas City's Country Club Plaza with upscale shopping, dinning, et. al. has a million places to go. K suggested we go to the big Barnes&Noble complete with cafe and big leather chairs. I agreed and we walked the three blocks to B&N and continued our getting to know each other stuff. After a while we decided to walk some on the plaza in the night air.
This is were the new shoes comes in. Point of interest, It is not a good idea to wear relatively new shoes if there is even a slight chance you will be walking later on in the date. I only have 2 words for you. BIG BLISTERS on my heels. I was having such a good time that it didn't much matter.
As we walked, we saw all of the horse drawn carriages with there huddled couples. Huddling because of love, since is wasn't cold at all. Then out of no where the pasta started working my gut. O, Oh! There was no way in hell I was ripping one on a first date! We continued to talk and walk, the whole while I clenched my cheeks, without walking funny its a learned skill. The hell of it was that when you clench pressure tends to build rappidly. Eventually, I realized there wouldn't be much I could do about it, and very soon.
I am here to tell you, THERE IS A GOD!, just at that moment an old beater car, without a muffler drove by. Instantainiously, without my earging, some preasure was released. Whew!!!!
On the way back, the stars shown above, in the crisp night air, as we once again arrived at the resturant. Neither of us really wanted to leave so we sat on the edge of the fountain in the outdoor cafe, attached to the Cheesecake Factory, and talked until it got cold. While this is all mooshy and romantic, keep in mind the afformentioned preasure is still existant, and building in intencity.
I walked her to her car. I told her I had a nice time, to which she agreed, so I asked if she wanted to do this again sometime. The answer was yes. (and the preasure is about to reach a head) She got into her car, closed the door. I was already heading to my car when she started her engine, then the dam broke, and the flood gushed. I ripped such a big one that it threw me forward 3 and a half feet, while burning a gaping hole in my drawers and trousers. But as God is my witness, I DID NOT BLOW MY HORN IN FRONT OF HER ON THE FIRST DATE!
ATTENTION DAVID: Boobie Report - She has really really nice ones, all be it they remained covered the whole time, but nice none the less.
Now on to new business. . .
About the time it I started freshening up at work my gut started to percilate. You need to keep in mind that I have not been on a real date in 13 years, stands to reason that I am going to be a bit nervous. Frankly, I don't know why because I already knew tons of stuff about her, thanks to eHarmony.com. Just the jitters, I guess.
When I arrived at the resturant, I realized I had forgotten what a wonderful atmosphere this Cheesecake Factory has. (Very 30's ArtDeco. ArtDeco is my thing anyway, so all the better.) I didn't have to wait long and she arrived cute as a button, with now suprises. You know, like an extra 150 pounds, or 90 years older than the picture provided. The only thing different was that her hair was longer. (I like long hair anyhow.) The other good sign was that when she saw me she didn't get a look of horror, and run for the nearest exit.
We were seated and served quickly at a booth, in the upper level overlooking the atrium and enterance, which was filled with Kentya Palms. By the way, the pasta was DIVINE! We both shared our stories, and found they were remarkably simalur. Actually we talked like we had known each other for ages. It was also a little scarry to find out that we think so much alike. Even to the point that she is a Republican that doesn't vote strait ticket!! How cool is that?
Then came the simply decadent Godiva chocolate cheese cake! We shared it since we were both full from the pasta. The whole time I ate, I wished for an entire gallon of milk to wash it down, but it was soooooooooooooooooooooo worth it! (In case you all didn't know, Chocolate fixes more that duct tape does.)
By this point it was only about 7:30 so I suggested we head over to the Kemper Musuem of Modern Art, but as I said it I realized it wouldn't too great a place to talk, and said so. Luckily the Plaza, a.k.a. Kansas City's Country Club Plaza with upscale shopping, dinning, et. al. has a million places to go. K suggested we go to the big Barnes&Noble complete with cafe and big leather chairs. I agreed and we walked the three blocks to B&N and continued our getting to know each other stuff. After a while we decided to walk some on the plaza in the night air.
This is were the new shoes comes in. Point of interest, It is not a good idea to wear relatively new shoes if there is even a slight chance you will be walking later on in the date. I only have 2 words for you. BIG BLISTERS on my heels. I was having such a good time that it didn't much matter.
As we walked, we saw all of the horse drawn carriages with there huddled couples. Huddling because of love, since is wasn't cold at all. Then out of no where the pasta started working my gut. O, Oh! There was no way in hell I was ripping one on a first date! We continued to talk and walk, the whole while I clenched my cheeks, without walking funny its a learned skill. The hell of it was that when you clench pressure tends to build rappidly. Eventually, I realized there wouldn't be much I could do about it, and very soon.
I am here to tell you, THERE IS A GOD!, just at that moment an old beater car, without a muffler drove by. Instantainiously, without my earging, some preasure was released. Whew!!!!
On the way back, the stars shown above, in the crisp night air, as we once again arrived at the resturant. Neither of us really wanted to leave so we sat on the edge of the fountain in the outdoor cafe, attached to the Cheesecake Factory, and talked until it got cold. While this is all mooshy and romantic, keep in mind the afformentioned preasure is still existant, and building in intencity.
I walked her to her car. I told her I had a nice time, to which she agreed, so I asked if she wanted to do this again sometime. The answer was yes. (and the preasure is about to reach a head) She got into her car, closed the door. I was already heading to my car when she started her engine, then the dam broke, and the flood gushed. I ripped such a big one that it threw me forward 3 and a half feet, while burning a gaping hole in my drawers and trousers. But as God is my witness, I DID NOT BLOW MY HORN IN FRONT OF HER ON THE FIRST DATE!
ATTENTION DAVID: Boobie Report - She has really really nice ones, all be it they remained covered the whole time, but nice none the less.









7 Comments:
Whew...thank GOD you didn't utter the words (re:earlier comment). It sounds like you had a great time!! :D
~L.
I'm so glad it went well for you! :)
Total agreement on the no roses. Although they are gorgeous, they are so overdone. Go with some great spring flowers like tulips.
And like Racer93..details, please!!
~L.
I was in Kansas City for a wedding a couple of years ago and my husband and I were probably exactly where you two were, having a rare date sans kiddos. What a neat little area! We almost wanted to pack our bags and move there.
Glad you had a good time. :)
i am sure she let out a good juicy toot of her own once she got into her car!
i am sure she let out a good juicy toot of her own once she got into her car!
Sounds like the "gaping hole in the drawers and trousers" were well worth it.
Glad it went so well for you...:)
Post a Comment
<< Home