Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Work tomorrow

It is now apparent that the snow has stopped. This means we will not get the 8 inches promised, and I will have to go to work tomorrow. Frankly, it only seems fair that I get the day off, because they let us all go home early today. I left after my staff finished up. (I manage a mailroom so we always have to stay later than everyone else.) I got in my car at 4:20. I arrived home at 5:53. On a normal day I leave at 5:00, and arrive home not later than 5:40, and that is if traffic sucks.

For 2/3rds of the way home the needle on my speedometer never moved off the peg at Zero mph. Needless to say I had to take a nap once I got home cause it felt like I had been through the wringer. Well, such is life, and it could be worse, I could be bald too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy S. Petrik wrote...

it snowed all morning, all day, all afternoon. it was simply gorgeous. nice warm weather. no winds. perfect winter day.

8/2/05 7:21 pm  
Blogger Sprinkles wrote...

Why do men worry about being bald? I think bald looks nice on a man.

I know how you feel about the driving ordeal...

One year I was driving home early from work and I kid you not, the storm had all the traffic lights blinking for ...oh... a normally 25 minute drive ...but because they were blinking it took me over an hour to get home with all the stopping and going and I had a stick shift at that time... my left calf started to charlie with all that clutch work!

8/2/05 7:25 pm  
Blogger geezer squeezer! wrote...

im sorry to tell you this,but its about 33 degrees where i am now.and im not bald either! drive safely now.

8/2/05 7:50 pm  
Blogger Steve F. wrote...

Or you could be in Chicago, and spend every single work-day taking 40-45 minutes to go 12.1 miles by car, or 55 minutes by public-transit (excluding the stand-in-the-cold-waiting-for-bus-or-train time).

And that's on dry pavement. You should see it when it snows...

Of all the things I miss about Kansas City, there are 7 words I miss the most: "great barbeque"; "free parking"; and "available public restrooms." Calgon, take me away...

9/2/05 1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home