Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bugg Me, PLEASE!

This just in.....

The Body Bugg is Freekin' Cool!!!!

I know I have only worn it for two days, but I am here to tell you that I have never felt more in control of my weight loss up until now. Seeing my daily statistics, in up to the minute fashion, is really the key for me. Without it, I would continue to eat after dinner. I was careful, but I never really knew how much damage I was doing to my program.

Now, if I have an extra active day and want to eat a little more, I can with confindence that I am not ruining all of my hard work. On the other hand, if I had a less than normaly active day, I can see that it would be dangerous to do so. Furthermore, I have set a a goal form myself of 5 to 6 pounds a week. (Before you all go apeshitonme, Alan says that is a great goal and a safe one too.) In order for me to do that I will need to daily have a 2,500 to 3,000 calorie defecite or it won't happen. The only way I can know that for certian is with Da Bugg!

Like last night, if I am running a little short, I just hit the basement steps for multiple laps. Cool part about that is if it's late I can do it in my Calvin Klines. I also baught wrist and ankle weights yesterday. I intend to wear them all day long for added calorie burn.

I don't think the kids like me too much anymore, though. I told them we were going for a walk and there would be a suprise at the end. So with my appendages weighted, off we went. "Daddy, what's the suprise?" "Daddy, are we there yet?" "Daddy, how far do we have to walk?" " Daddy, I'm cold." "Daddy, how long is this going to take?" "Daddy, can we stop, my back hurts?" "Are we going to the park?" "Are we going to McDonalds?" Until I finally said, "If anyone under the age of 30 asks another question we will turn around without a suprise." Yeah, like that worked, for all of about 30 seconds.

We finally got to McDonalds, which is every bit of 3 blocks from our house. As we are sitting there, they licking the spoils of their lengthy trek in the form of a vanilla cone, and I enjoying my Super Size Diet Coke, the whining starts again. Little Man says to me in a very stern voice, "Daddy, why can't we drive next time?" Big Sister, almost crying says, "Yeah, Daddy, I don't like walking." "Ok," I said, "Next time I'll walk down here with my cell phone, and leave all of the underage whiners at home." I could see Little Man's brain gearing up to ask, so I beat him to the punch by adding, "And if you both think I will bring you something home, your wrong. If you want the treat you have to walk."

"But Daddy," Big Sister still almost crying, "we don't want to walk." "Big Sister, Daddy has to walk, because he needs to loose weight." Little Man pipes up very matter of factly, " But we don't." "You will if I keep driving you to get ice cream." "Daddy, got fat because he started bad habbits as a kid, and now it is taking a lot of hard work to make all of the fat go away, and stay gone. Do you want to be fat?....I didn't think so."

On the way home things were much better, complete with no whiners. As we walked a souped up Camaro rolls by, windows down with the teenaged filled interior blasting out some loud Rock music. Little Man very discustedly says, "Daddy, those people need to turn that music down, nobody wants to listen to that crap." To which I replied, "So true, Little Man, so true." At that point all of my frustration from a full day of whining (because it had started from both partied involved from the time they exited the covers) was whiped off my face, and a broad grin replaced it. I'm thinking he must have learned that one from his mother, lol.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

I'm freakin laughing over this one!

Your kiddos may not understand now, but keep at it. They'll appreciate you & what you're doing for them later in life. Healthy kids bring forth healthy adults.

:)
M~

1/4/07 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home