Sunday, June 25, 2006

An Emotional Sunday


Above you will find two very special people in my family's life. This is my former Pastor and his wife (Music Director). My parents, and my brother and his family still attend this church. Today, we held them up and celebrated their 26 year ministry, as well as, their retirement.

This pastor is the pastor that preformed my pre-marriage counseling, he actually married my brother and his wife. My Mother taught two of the three of their girls in Lutheran school. I was very very Very involved in the music ministry there, and have many fond memories of those years.

This pastor can preach more meaningful and uplifting words in 10 minutes, than most pastors can in 45. The thing is, if he preached for 3 hours it would only seem like 10 minutes because everyone seems to hang on his every word. His wife, well she is one of the most talented musicians I know, who is so completely filled with God's Spirit that.... well I could go one for pages about her. To sum it up, I have seen her rehearsing a piece of choral music that she not only wrote the Spirit filled words to then wrote the music to go with it. Playing at an upright piano (choir behind her) Directing with her head, and singing the alto line at the same time without skipping a note of any of it. Not to mention, she is the only person I know that can get 3 and 4 year olds to sing in 4 part hamony! Plus the fact that she is the dearest, sweetest woman you will ever meet in your life.

With all that said, you can guess there were lots and lots of kleanexes being sent down the rows today. For both the worship service and the picnic and program of thanksgiving afterwords. I feel like I have been pulled through and emotional knot hole, and then wrung out. I wish them well in there retirement, and Godspeed! If God Blesses their lives only a tenth as much as they have blessed mine, their lives will be overflowing with His abundant riches.

Ken and Jane you are loved and you will be missed. God Bless you both and your family. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

Wow, what an incredibly full life... congratulations to them.

M~

26/6/06 9:52 am  
Blogger Redhead Editor wrote...

As emotional as it is to say good-bye, isn't it breath taking to have these kinds of people in your life. Sounds like you have been blessed to know them.

26/6/06 12:05 pm  
Blogger Leesa wrote...

Wow..great tribute :)

26/6/06 1:06 pm  
Blogger Nature Girl wrote...

Very nicely done I.S.! Stacie

30/6/06 12:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home