Monday, June 20, 2005

Photographicaly Bumbed

Well, Kansas City has a HUGEMUNGOUS full moon tonight. I went outside with my camera in an effort to get some really cool shots, and what did I get? $h!+

Let me start out by saying I love my new camera, there are so many cool things I can do with it, and I am extreamly pleased with the quality of the photos it takes. However, what I really needed tonight was a camera just like this, but with a detachable lens so that I could put on a larger one to get better pictures of the moon.

I guess I am kicking myself, because I didn't have the extra $500.00 to spend to get the next level of camera. Frankly, I am not really ready for such a camera. I need to get used to this one, and learn more about it before I go buying a newer spendier version. I also just got this other idea. I have an old Menolta 35mm that I got for a High School Graduation gift. When the time comes I can either trade it in, or sell it on ebay. I got a lot of use out of it in the first few years, but because I had such trouble focusing it, I eventually put it away.

I have posted two anyway on Kansas City In Focus

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna wrote...

I'm at the point where I'm ready to buy my own digital camera so I'm having a hard time deciding what I want. Sighhh... wish you could've gotten pics of that moon!

M~

21/6/05 6:27 am  
Blogger Leesa wrote...

I missed the full moon? I was so tired I guess I forgot. I really thought it was tonight. I did get some moon shots two days ago..I will post today.
The digital thing is a dilemma when It comes to cost. I happen to be lucky to be able to have a nice one, but I sure understand the scary cost. I will say that if you are really into photography, you won't regret the purchase. The new expensive cameras take great pics and you are so happy with your work.
Oh and if you have any photography magazines, there are places that buy used equipment.

21/6/05 7:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Regarding the cost, I totally know what you mean. We just got a Canon with like 7-something pixels but I am discontent with my ability to zoom. I know the next one will have to be the Big Mama of Zoom/Focus and Big Bucks. Oh, to be content. Let me go blog about it.:)

21/6/05 8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home