Long Weekend Ahead- aka Permission To Whine
It is now 30 minutes before I leave work and head for the campsite. I am going to be really honest with you here. I.hate.camping. I have hated it since I was a kid. My parents dragged us kids to every campground in Michigan and Minnesota any chance they got. The only reason I am going and keeping my mouth shut is cause my kids are peeing themselves in anticipation.
There is only one thing in this world that I hate more than camping, and that is setting up camp and camping in the rain. If you didn't guess it yet, it is currently raining "effing" buckets in Kansas City right now. It just occured to me that I am being a whinny baby about this. I will live to tell the story, and maybe get some good blog material out of it. Plus, I should get more reading time in the tent than originally planned. However, I am also going to have to keep to small children entertained in an enclosed space. Like I said, I will live.
It is actually a lot like most grownup things one has to do. We may do them bacause we see the benefits for our children, but we don't have to like them.
Hopefully, it will not rain all weekend so I can get some good pictures.
There is only one thing in this world that I hate more than camping, and that is setting up camp and camping in the rain. If you didn't guess it yet, it is currently raining "effing" buckets in Kansas City right now. It just occured to me that I am being a whinny baby about this. I will live to tell the story, and maybe get some good blog material out of it. Plus, I should get more reading time in the tent than originally planned. However, I am also going to have to keep to small children entertained in an enclosed space. Like I said, I will live.
It is actually a lot like most grownup things one has to do. We may do them bacause we see the benefits for our children, but we don't have to like them.
Hopefully, it will not rain all weekend so I can get some good pictures.









2 Comments:
Hey, I seem to remember some CABINS in that website you showed me! I'd shoot to rent out one of those for you & pitch a small pup tent for the kiddos! lol... I know you're already gone by now, but I hope you're having a good, and DRY time!
Gonna go read, myself!
see if that was me and it was raining we wouldn't be going...nothing worse than watching hubby stuggle to put a tent up on his own in the rain...lol
hope you and the kids have a great time...and i hope the weather perks up soon for you...
:0)
Post a Comment
<< Home