Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Boy & His Nuts

Tonight, I and my kids were on our way to a Blue and Gold Dinner, to honor the parents and leaders in my son's scout troop. As we traveled, my son starts making irritating noises in the back seat. When it comes to making noise my 7 year old son is like McGyver, you know the guy that can take a watch spring, a marble, and a tampon, and make a bomb, all in the nick of time to save himself from some awful disaster or another. Well anyway, I said to my son in the back seat, "Insert son's name here, please stop making noise, your making Daddy crazy." To which he replied, "Geeze Dad, you won't even let a guy play with his nutz!"

{Please let me interject, I hope my nuts never ever make that kind of noise!}

I must admit, it took me a second or two until I was able to speak without laughing my ass off. As I turned I saw him fiddling with two small pine cones, which he was rolling around in the handle of the rear arm rest. I said to him, "Insert son's name here, those aren't nuts (as I choked down another laugh) they are pine cones, and PLEASE STOP MAKING THAT NOISE WITH THEM!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home