Friday, February 18, 2005

Elmo, Spiderman, and HO HO

During the winter months I have very dry skin. This morning as I was tying my shoes the skin my left thumb cracked and started to bleed. I went to the bathroom in search of a Band-Aid. Evidently, we have run out of regular ones, so I got to choose from Elmo and Spiderman Band-Aids. I decided that I would get less crap at work if I chose Spiderman, so it was Spidy to the rescue.

Of course, my seven year old noticed right away, and was bent because Daddy was using up his Spiderman Band-Aids. Sheesh!

As any other morning we were rushed because I have two dawdlers. They swear they are going as fast as they can, but in reality they are just being kids and diddling. After asking my seven year old twelve hundred and seventy two times to put his coat on, I finally did it for him. When I did, he said, "Daddy, you smell like you put something on." (with an eewwwwe sort of tone) I said, "I did." He replied, "What is it?" I say, "Polo" He then asks, "Ho Ho?" To which I respond, with a giggle, "No POLO!" Then he laughs and says, " HA HA, HO HO!"

Just what was he trying to tell me? I don't think I had enough on to say that I smelled like a French Whore. Oh Well............

Anyway, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen wrote...

Yeah, Spidy is much more "da man" than Elmo.

Good choice...;)

18/2/05 10:13 am  
Blogger Sprinkles wrote...

Elmo and Spidy bandaids are great :) The really great bandaids are the tattoo ones though.

When I was teaching I had my "TLC" canister full of 'special' and 'fun' bandaids and it was amazing how much BETTER those bandaids healed boo-boos than the plain ones the school nurse gave out. It was also amazing the number if itty bitty tiny weeny scratches and cuts that MUST HAVE A BANDAID. Kids are so cute like that.

The tattoo bandaids always were the first to go. They are clear on the edges and have some sort of neato design in the middle, so instead of a bandaid it looks like ...use a child's imagination now... YOU HAVE A TATTOO!! Ooo! :)

But then again, the water fountain in my classroom was also magical and cured so many ailments you'd have though the Pope himself blessed the very water that came out of it. All it took was a little convincing of my own classroom that a few sips of water and their headache/heartache/tummyache/ouchie/stubbedtoe/bruise/etc would be alllll better....

Before long, all the second grade classrooms, and even a few third grade visitors were sipping from the fountain in my room...the school nurse thanked me for that...many.times.

Kids are so sweet...and so fun!

18/2/05 11:34 am  
Blogger Laura wrote...

LOL! We buy the fun bandaids, too. I think we have Veggie Tales now. We ~had~ Spiderman ones and my 6 year old and 2 year old came out of the bathroom one afternoon covered in Spiderman bandaids. They used up the whole box! How can you be mad at something like that??
~L.

18/2/05 5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home